The director of a self-licensed financial planning practice has been named by the FPA as the winner of the third Gwen Fletcher Memorial Award.
Apt Wealth Partners head of advice and director John Moran received the award for being the highest achiever during last semester's CFP certification program.
Having received $1,000 in prize money with the award, Mr Moran donated the sum to the FPA's charitable foundation Future2.
On receiving the accolade, Mr Moran paid tribute to the "first lady of financial planning", Gwen Fletcher, and said she is an inspirational role model who was committed to campaigning for a better financial future for Australians.
"This award brings to mind the high professional standards that the CFP program fosters, ensuring that we gain a deep understanding of financial planning principles and practice," he said.
"It is invaluable for developing the skills required for professional excellence and I couldn't recommend it more highly."
Commenting on Mr Moran's achievement, FPA chief executive Mark Rantall recognised his "exceptional contribution" both to his clients and to the wider community.
"John is continuing Gwen's legacy of helping people first and foremost, reflected in her constant efforts to improve the financial planning profession," Mr Rantall said.
"I hope John's commitment to the CFP program inspires other driven financial planners to aim for the high standards that Gwen set and to make a meaningful contribution to our profession."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Dec 2018Advice bodies reach code monitoring agreementBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Dec 2018Court lays charges against former Sydney adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Dec 2018Fiducian buys Vic financial planning businessBy Sarah Simpkins
- 18 Dec 2018ASIC permanently bans Victorian adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Dec 2018Melbourne-based dealer group loses AFSLBy James Mitchell
- 18 Dec 2018AFA appoints new chair of women advocacy bodyBy Sarah Simpkins
- view all