The Financial Planning Association of Australia is to work with Griffith Business School to develop and publish a new academic journal.
Titled The Financial Planning Research Journal, it will incorporate six peer-reviewed academic articles covering the full spectrum of the financial planning industry, with Griffith providing editorial services.
The journal will be published twice a year online – in September and March. A special edition is planned to coincide with the annual Personal Finance and Investment Symposium hosted by Griffith's Centre for Personal Finance and Superannuation later this year.
"This is an important step for the financial planning industry and once more demonstrates Griffith University's strong links and effective influence in this sector," said associate professor and head of finance and financial planning, Mark Brimble.
"Griffith is the leading university in Australia in the financial planning space. We have worked and will continue to work closely with the profession. This connection cannot be underestimated."
FPA chief executive Mark Rantall said the journal is "part of our overall strategy to partner with the academic community to promote financial planning as an academic discipline".
"It complements the academic research grants we award each year, and our sponsorship of the Personal Finance and Investment Symposium. It is a direct response to what both academics and practitioners have recommended through the FPA Financial Planning Education Council."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017Adviser ethics certification launchedBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017Banks evade FOFA, industry funds claimBy Larissa Waterson
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- view all