Life insurance provider Suncorp Life has named an interim CEO following the announcement that Geoff Summerhayes will be stepping down.
In a statement issued to the ASX, Suncorp Group named Gary Dransfield, chief executive of Vero New Zealand – which is a part of the Suncorp Group – as the interim life CEO, effective 1 October 2015.
Mr Summerhayes, who will step down from his role at the end of September 2015, will remain with the group in an advisory position until 1 January 2016.
During that time he will represent Suncorp in relation to the Trowbridge Report and on the board of the Financial Services Council.
Mr Dransfield has worked in the retail financial services industry for 25 years and has held positions with St George Bank, AMP and IAG.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Sep 2018Independent advice will prosper but must be paid for: LovedayBy James Mitchell
- 21 Sep 2018Former ASFA policy advisor to boost FPA ranksBy Reporter
- 21 Sep 2018Aligned advisers in search of freedomBy Adrian Flores
- 20 Sep 2018Banned Perth adviser did not engage in dishonest conductBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018‘No advisers have been mistreated’: DalyBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018Beacon advisers held ‘ransom’ while IIOF money remains missingBy James Mitchell
- view all