Life insurance provider Suncorp Life has named an interim CEO following the announcement that Geoff Summerhayes will be stepping down.
In a statement issued to the ASX, Suncorp Group named Gary Dransfield, chief executive of Vero New Zealand – which is a part of the Suncorp Group – as the interim life CEO, effective 1 October 2015.
Mr Summerhayes, who will step down from his role at the end of September 2015, will remain with the group in an advisory position until 1 January 2016.
During that time he will represent Suncorp in relation to the Trowbridge Report and on the board of the Financial Services Council.
Mr Dransfield has worked in the retail financial services industry for 25 years and has held positions with St George Bank, AMP and IAG.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Aug 2017Challenger announces ‘strategic relationship’ with Japanese insurerBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Income protection insurance launched for on-demand workersBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017RegTech to reduce adviser misconductBy Aleks Vickovich and Larissa Waterson
- 15 Aug 2017ASIC bans NSW SMSF auditorBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Aug 2017Former Victorian premier named EQT chairBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Aug 2017‘Business as usual’ at FortnumBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all