Life insurance provider Suncorp Life has named an interim CEO following the announcement that Geoff Summerhayes will be stepping down.
In a statement issued to the ASX, Suncorp Group named Gary Dransfield, chief executive of Vero New Zealand – which is a part of the Suncorp Group – as the interim life CEO, effective 1 October 2015.
Mr Summerhayes, who will step down from his role at the end of September 2015, will remain with the group in an advisory position until 1 January 2016.
During that time he will represent Suncorp in relation to the Trowbridge Report and on the board of the Financial Services Council.
Mr Dransfield has worked in the retail financial services industry for 25 years and has held positions with St George Bank, AMP and IAG.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Nov 2018FASEA standards still raise questions: AFABy Eliot Hastie
- 20 Nov 2018Industry group slams ‘cosmetic’ changes by FASEABy James Mitchell
- 20 Nov 2018‘Culture’ at the heart of CBA advice failingsBy Adrian Flores
- 20 Nov 2018Netwealth reveals new licensee partnershipBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Nov 2018ClearView launches dealer services offerBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Nov 2018Lonsec introduces super research to advisersBy Sarah Simpkins
- view all