Life insurance provider Suncorp Life has named an interim CEO following the announcement that Geoff Summerhayes will be stepping down.
In a statement issued to the ASX, Suncorp Group named Gary Dransfield, chief executive of Vero New Zealand – which is a part of the Suncorp Group – as the interim life CEO, effective 1 October 2015.
Mr Summerhayes, who will step down from his role at the end of September 2015, will remain with the group in an advisory position until 1 January 2016.
During that time he will represent Suncorp in relation to the Trowbridge Report and on the board of the Financial Services Council.
Mr Dransfield has worked in the retail financial services industry for 25 years and has held positions with St George Bank, AMP and IAG.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Oct 2017Parliamentary insurance group formedBy Staff Reporter
- 20 Oct 2017Treasurer introduces BEAR legislationBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Oct 2017Westpac to refund $65m to customersBy Annie Kane
- 20 Oct 2017Survey tips independent takeoverBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- 18 Oct 2017AFA suffers budget blowoutBy Killian Plastow
- 18 Oct 2017ISA ups ante on governance lobbyingBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all