Life insurance provider Suncorp Life has named an interim CEO following the announcement that Geoff Summerhayes will be stepping down.
In a statement issued to the ASX, Suncorp Group named Gary Dransfield, chief executive of Vero New Zealand – which is a part of the Suncorp Group – as the interim life CEO, effective 1 October 2015.
Mr Summerhayes, who will step down from his role at the end of September 2015, will remain with the group in an advisory position until 1 January 2016.
During that time he will represent Suncorp in relation to the Trowbridge Report and on the board of the Financial Services Council.
Mr Dransfield has worked in the retail financial services industry for 25 years and has held positions with St George Bank, AMP and IAG.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Jan 2019ASIC imposes conditions on Sydney licenseeBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019FASEA locks in educational pathways policyBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019Industry fund makes advice market move with hiresBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019ANZ pushes on with wealth sale to IOOFBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Jan 2019Advisers to embrace AI ahead of FASEA codeBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Jan 2019Managed Accounts shakes up senior teamBy Sarah Simpkins
- view all