Fund manager Standard Life Investments’ Australian Global Absolute Return Strategies (GARS) Trust is now available to wholesale clients via BT’s Asgard investment platform.
The addition of GARS to Asgard follows the recent addition of the fund to MLC’s Wrap investment platform in April 2015.
Standard Life investment director, wholesale business, Matthew Newham said the addition of the fund to Asgard shows that the company is “building good momentum” in the retail sector.
“Asgard is a well-regarded investment platform and we are delighted that GARS has been added to its investment offering,” Mr Newham said.
“GARS has a proven consistent five-year track record of returns for Australian investors which is important as investors increasingly shift away from the traditional balanced portfolio of equities and bonds and towards absolute return investing.
"GARS consists of typically 25 to 35 strategies that span global markets, each one selected for its return potential over a three-year horizon. Crucially, we seek strategies that complement each other so the portfolio can work as a whole even when unexpected things happen in the markets," he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Nov 2018We’ll lose advisers through FASEA but it’s necessaryBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Nov 2018ASIC flexes its muscles at independent advisersBy James Mitchell
- 15 Nov 2018FPA hands down $50,000 fine on Sam HendersonBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Nov 2018Adviser reviews critical to client retentionBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Nov 2018ASIC bans financial services representativeBy Eliot Hastie
- 14 Nov 2018Fintech should make advice ‘enjoyable’By Adrian Flores
- view all