Fund manager Standard Life Investments’ Australian Global Absolute Return Strategies (GARS) Trust is now available to wholesale clients via BT’s Asgard investment platform.
The addition of GARS to Asgard follows the recent addition of the fund to MLC’s Wrap investment platform in April 2015.
Standard Life investment director, wholesale business, Matthew Newham said the addition of the fund to Asgard shows that the company is “building good momentum” in the retail sector.
“Asgard is a well-regarded investment platform and we are delighted that GARS has been added to its investment offering,” Mr Newham said.
“GARS has a proven consistent five-year track record of returns for Australian investors which is important as investors increasingly shift away from the traditional balanced portfolio of equities and bonds and towards absolute return investing.
"GARS consists of typically 25 to 35 strategies that span global markets, each one selected for its return potential over a three-year horizon. Crucially, we seek strategies that complement each other so the portfolio can work as a whole even when unexpected things happen in the markets," he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Jun 2018IFA sector digs deep for DoverBy Aleks Vickovich
- 15 Jun 2018‘Information asymmetry’ a difficulty for advisersBy Killian Plastow and Tasnuva Bindi
- 15 Jun 2018ASIC takes Westpac to court over poor adviceBy Reporter
- 15 Jun 2018AFCA names new chief executiveBy Reporter
- 15 Jun 2018Restrictions to be placed on pension loan adviceBy Reporter
- 14 Jun 2018Adviser misconduct penalties likely to increase: Moody’sBy Reporter
- view all