Fund manager Standard Life Investments’ Australian Global Absolute Return Strategies (GARS) Trust is now available to wholesale clients via BT’s Asgard investment platform.
The addition of GARS to Asgard follows the recent addition of the fund to MLC’s Wrap investment platform in April 2015.
Standard Life investment director, wholesale business, Matthew Newham said the addition of the fund to Asgard shows that the company is “building good momentum” in the retail sector.
“Asgard is a well-regarded investment platform and we are delighted that GARS has been added to its investment offering,” Mr Newham said.
“GARS has a proven consistent five-year track record of returns for Australian investors which is important as investors increasingly shift away from the traditional balanced portfolio of equities and bonds and towards absolute return investing.
"GARS consists of typically 25 to 35 strategies that span global markets, each one selected for its return potential over a three-year horizon. Crucially, we seek strategies that complement each other so the portfolio can work as a whole even when unexpected things happen in the markets," he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 11:30Advisers key to ‘living the dream’: FPABy Staff Reporter
- 11:26US IFA history repeats itself in AustraliaBy Killian Plastow
- 11:30Licensees need greater scrutiny, PJC hearsBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- view all