Boutique firm Koda Capital has been appointed to a NSW government advisory body overseeing social impact investing.
Koda chief executive and former JB Were boss Paul Heath has announced that the private equity-backed non-aligned firm will take part in the government initiative.
“Koda Capital is proud to have accepted an invitation from the NSW Government to join its Social Impact Investment Expert Advisory Exchange (EAE),” Mr Heath said in a post on social media platform LinkedIn.
“The exchange is part of the government's significant commitment to further develop a social impact investment market.”
The invitation follows Koda’s recruitment of former JB Were advisers Chris Wilson and David Knowles, who now serve as Koda’s joint directors of philanthropy and social capital.
“Koda Capital provides expert and impartial advice to altruistic individuals and families, as well as charitable foundations and not for profit organisations,” a post on the company’s website says.
“By working with those who provide as well as receive social capital, we have a deep understanding and knowledge of the philanthropic and not for profit sectors.”
The NSW government’s EAE was launched as part of its social impact investment policy earlier this year.
The Department of Premier and Cabinet describes the EAE program as a “platform to connect eligible social sector organisations with pro bono advice from 26 leading law firms, professional services firms and financial institutions”.
Koda was launched by Mr Heath and former MLC chief executive Steve Tucker in late 2014, proclaiming that the “wealth advice firm of the future is independent” and announcing it will meet the Corporations Act definition of independent advice.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 21 Jun 2018Henderson Maxwell to merge with AZ NGA firmBy Aleks Vickovich
- 21 Jun 2018Aon caught lying about Dover licensing offerBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Jun 2018FASEA names new chief executiveBy Reporter
- 20 Jun 2018Sexual harassment debate sparked in advice industryBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Jun 2018Clear KPIs a key adviser motivator: reportBy Reporter
- 20 Jun 2018Dealer group to appear before royal commission’s fourth roundBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all