Russell Collins has been acknowledged for his services to business and the financial advice industry in the Queen’s Birthday honours list.
Mr Collins, principal of consultancy Risk Insurance Communication Skills, has been awarded the Order of Australia Medal.
“I am extremely honoured to have received the Order of Australia Medal,” Mr Collins said.
“Financial advising has been both my life and my passion and it is wonderful to be recognised for work that I love doing and which I believe makes a significant difference to the lives of everyday Australians,” he said.
Mr Collins, who has specialised in risk insurance for 40 years, qualified for the international Million Dollar Round Table in 1972 and is now a life member of the organisation's honour roll.
He is also a life member of the AFA and in 2003 he was winner of the AFA’s inaugural Award of Merit.
Recently Mr Collins has been arguing the importance of advisers' ensuring they maintain strong communication skills, especially when providing advice on insurance.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Jan 2019ASIC imposes conditions on Sydney licenseeBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019FASEA locks in educational pathways policyBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019Industry fund makes advice market move with hiresBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019ANZ pushes on with wealth sale to IOOFBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Jan 2019Advisers to embrace AI ahead of FASEA codeBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Jan 2019Managed Accounts shakes up senior teamBy Sarah Simpkins
- view all