An ASX-listed company, Easton Investments, has agreed to purchase an equity interest in Melbourne-based First Financial.
In an announcement to the ASX, Easton Investments, parent company of accounting firm Hayes Knight, said the firm plans to acquire 25 per cent of First Financial, an authorised rep of BT’s Magnitude dealer group.
“The transaction has immediate effect and involves a cash consideration of $2.376 million, which
has been sourced from existing surplus cash reserves,” the announcement said.
First Financial is a Melbourne-based, wealth management and financial services business, offering planning, investment advice, broking, risk services and SMSF administration.
The firm has approximately $1.15 billion in funds under advice and administers more than 500 funds.
The deal is consistent with Easton’s position with respect to minority interests. The parties have agreed to execute a shareholders’ agreement which will incorporate, among other things, a put and call option to facilitate an orderly exit where the parties deem this to be in their respective best interests, the announcement said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Nov 2018FASEA standards still raise questions: AFABy Eliot Hastie
- 20 Nov 2018Industry group slams ‘cosmetic’ changes by FASEABy James Mitchell
- 20 Nov 2018‘Culture’ at the heart of CBA advice failingsBy Adrian Flores
- 20 Nov 2018Netwealth reveals new licensee partnershipBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Nov 2018ClearView launches dealer services offerBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Nov 2018Lonsec introduces super research to advisersBy Sarah Simpkins
- view all