Details of financial advisers’ qualifications, education and professional association memberships will be available to consumers on ASIC’s register from today.
Assistant Treasurer Josh Frydenberg confirmed the update, describing the move as a “strong step in the right direction” and hailing it as a symbol of the government’s “ongoing commitment” to raising professional standards in advice.
The statement from Mr Frydenberg also revealed there are currently over 22,500 advisers listed on the register, and it has received more than 60,000 visits since launch.
The register includes insurance brokers, accountants and stockbrokers licensed to provide advice as well as financial planners, the statement said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Feb 2019KeyInvest reduces administration feeBy Reporter
- 22 Feb 2019ASIC praises new whistleblower lawsBy James Mitchell
- 22 Feb 2019AFA scorns Labor plan to end grandfatheringBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Feb 2019Paragem appoints new general managerBy Eliot Hastie
- 21 Feb 2019CountPlus announces $2.6m profit, makes key acquisitionBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Feb 2019NAB CEO given $1m payoutBy Sarah Simpkins
- view all