Franklin Templeton has appointed a former Colonial First State (CFS) business development manager to build relationships with key distribution partners and financial advisers in Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania.
David Fearnley will join the manager’s retail advice distribution team as key account manager in the Melbourne office.
Mr Fearnley has worked in financial services for more than 18 years, including seven years with CFS in business development and key account management roles. Prior to that, he was in sales roles with Next Financial and National Mutual/AXA.
"David has a genuine understanding of advisers’ needs and has built a solid track record of strong relationships in the market. His appointment further bolsters Franklin Templeton’s ability to service the retail advice market and represents a key commitment to the firms’ key account and adviser relationships in the southern region,” Franklin Templeton head of advisory services Jim McKay said.
“We continue to make significant progress in the retail advice market supported by a range of highly rated investment capabilities that have been recognised across the industry. This new appointment will further enhance the retail team’s service and performance capabilities, and strengthen our proposition for advisers.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 Jan 2019Former Dover and Synchron adviser banned for five yearsBy Eliot Hastie
- 24 Jan 2019Very few Australians save and even fewer invest their moneyBy Reporter
- 24 Jan 2019Advisers undercharging clients for efforts, says CEOBy Adrian Flores
- 23 Jan 2019Adelaide adviser permanently banned from industryBy Eliot Hastie
- 23 Jan 2019Bowen slams ‘woeful’ handling of royal commissionBy James Mitchell
- 23 Jan 2019Gender super gap lower but still at 34%By Adrian Flores
- view all