Franklin Templeton has appointed a former Colonial First State (CFS) business development manager to build relationships with key distribution partners and financial advisers in Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania.
David Fearnley will join the manager’s retail advice distribution team as key account manager in the Melbourne office.
Mr Fearnley has worked in financial services for more than 18 years, including seven years with CFS in business development and key account management roles. Prior to that, he was in sales roles with Next Financial and National Mutual/AXA.
"David has a genuine understanding of advisers’ needs and has built a solid track record of strong relationships in the market. His appointment further bolsters Franklin Templeton’s ability to service the retail advice market and represents a key commitment to the firms’ key account and adviser relationships in the southern region,” Franklin Templeton head of advisory services Jim McKay said.
“We continue to make significant progress in the retail advice market supported by a range of highly rated investment capabilities that have been recognised across the industry. This new appointment will further enhance the retail team’s service and performance capabilities, and strengthen our proposition for advisers.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Aug 2017Formerly banned adviser to face further ASIC chargesBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Challenger announces ‘strategic relationship’ with Japanese insurerBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Income protection insurance launched for on-demand workersBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Aug 2017New evidence for self-licensing surgeBy Aleks Vickovich and Linda Santacruz
- 16 Aug 2017RegTech to reduce adviser misconductBy Aleks Vickovich and Larissa Waterson
- view all