A former National Australia Bank Asset Management executive has joined industry fund Sunsuper as its first chief economist.
Brian Parker will be responsible for providing macro-economic input into the business’ investment decisions, Sunsuper chief executive David Hartley said.
NAB said last week that Mr Parker was to leave his position as head of the portfolio specialists group for MLC and NAB Asset Management. He has also spent time at Citigroup Asset Management and Rothschild Australia.
“With a career in economics and investment markets spanning 26 years, and extensive experience in investment communications for a range of firms, we are delighted to welcome Brian to Sunsuper,” Mr Hartley said.
In addition to acting as the firm’s key spokesperson on markets and the global economy, Mr Parker will also be responsible for communicating the fund’s investment strategy to stakeholders and providing investment research and analysis, Mr Hartley said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Aug 2017Formerly banned adviser to face further ASIC chargesBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Challenger announces ‘strategic relationship’ with Japanese insurerBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Income protection insurance launched for on-demand workersBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Aug 2017New evidence for self-licensing surgeBy Aleks Vickovich and Linda Santacruz
- 16 Aug 2017RegTech to reduce adviser misconductBy Aleks Vickovich and Larissa Waterson
- view all