A former National Australia Bank Asset Management executive has joined industry fund Sunsuper as its first chief economist.
Brian Parker will be responsible for providing macro-economic input into the business’ investment decisions, Sunsuper chief executive David Hartley said.
NAB said last week that Mr Parker was to leave his position as head of the portfolio specialists group for MLC and NAB Asset Management. He has also spent time at Citigroup Asset Management and Rothschild Australia.
“With a career in economics and investment markets spanning 26 years, and extensive experience in investment communications for a range of firms, we are delighted to welcome Brian to Sunsuper,” Mr Hartley said.
In addition to acting as the firm’s key spokesperson on markets and the global economy, Mr Parker will also be responsible for communicating the fund’s investment strategy to stakeholders and providing investment research and analysis, Mr Hartley said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Dec 2018Advice bodies reach code monitoring agreementBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Dec 2018Court lays charges against former Sydney adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Dec 2018Fiducian buys Vic financial planning businessBy Sarah Simpkins
- 18 Dec 2018ASIC permanently bans Victorian adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Dec 2018Melbourne-based dealer group loses AFSLBy James Mitchell
- 18 Dec 2018AFA appoints new chair of women advocacy bodyBy Sarah Simpkins
- view all