A former National Australia Bank Asset Management executive has joined industry fund Sunsuper as its first chief economist.
Brian Parker will be responsible for providing macro-economic input into the business’ investment decisions, Sunsuper chief executive David Hartley said.
NAB said last week that Mr Parker was to leave his position as head of the portfolio specialists group for MLC and NAB Asset Management. He has also spent time at Citigroup Asset Management and Rothschild Australia.
“With a career in economics and investment markets spanning 26 years, and extensive experience in investment communications for a range of firms, we are delighted to welcome Brian to Sunsuper,” Mr Hartley said.
In addition to acting as the firm’s key spokesperson on markets and the global economy, Mr Parker will also be responsible for communicating the fund’s investment strategy to stakeholders and providing investment research and analysis, Mr Hartley said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Feb 2019ASIC appeals Westpac best interests court decisionBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Feb 2019FASEA mostly funded by the major banksBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Feb 2019NAB most distrusted bank, survey findsBy Sarah Simpkins
- 15 Feb 2019Court restrains unlicensed firm from operatingBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC used Dover whistleblowing to shut licensee downBy Adrian Flores
- view all