Non-aligned financial services provider Spring FG has acquired a digital wealth management tool in a bid to expand into 'robo-advice'.
The listed company has today announced it has acquired Digifi Group Pty Ltd, which it described as a “financial markets publisher and website operator” with 70,000 active members.
A spokesperson for Spring FG said the deal will take the company “into robo-advice”, and will complement its existing Wealthadviser Financial Education product.
“The acquisition adds people, partners and expertise that, in addition to enhancing our educational content, will help us expand and bring greater efficiency to our already highly successful digital marketing and client recruitment strategies,” said Spring FG managing director Keith Cullen.
“Our online community, that now exceeds 130,000 people, is one that is focussed on building, managing and protecting wealth, and it clearly has a thirst for information and is comfortable with technology.”
Spring FG paid $450,000 for 100 per cent of shares in Digifi.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 23 Aug 2017Former ANZ adviser banned for lifeBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Aug 2017Industry veteran joins Bondi boutique’s boardBy Aleks Vickovich
- 23 Aug 2017Invest in next generation, says AWSBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Aug 2017O’Dwyer announces EDR transition panelBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Aug 2017ASIC reveals recent enforcement activityBy Larissa Waterson
- 22 Aug 2017Advisers must become ‘lifestyle coaches’: ZurichBy Jessica Yun
- view all