Nominations for the eighth AFA Excellence in Education Award have opened, with the award recognising the emerging ways in which the advice profession is thinking about education.
The winner of the award, which is presented in conjunction with partner Asteron Life, will be named at the AFA National Adviser Conference in Cairns on 26 October 2015.
The award encourages advisers who are continually investing in further education for themselves and their staff to connect knowledge both with improving value to clients and with business performance
“Education is an important driver of delivering great advice to more Australians," said Nick Hakes, AFA general manager, member services and campus. "There are so many good stories of advisers doing extraordinary things by practically applying their technical knowledge and skills.”
Asteron Life's executive manager, Mark Vilo, said Asteron Life is proud to support the award.
“We’ve long been passionate about excellence in education and the role it plays to help drive a positive consumer perception of the advice profession," he said. "It’s vital to recognise and reward the talented advisers who invest in their professional development and the incredible job they do to help Australians make better decisions for their financial future.”
Nominations for the award close on May 29, with the first round of interviews commencing on June 8. State winners will be announced at the AFA Roadshow to be held 21-30 July.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Oct 2018FASEA is setting a new standard for the industry: Assistant TreasurerBy Eliot Hastie
- 12 Oct 2018ASIC takes action on compliance breachesBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Oct 2018FPA board announces new chairBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Oct 2018New adviser capability added to IOOF offeringBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Oct 2018AFA names new state directorsBy Adrian Flores
- 12 Oct 2018Westpac boss warns against further regulationBy Charbel Kadib
- view all