NGS Super has launched a new tool to “help people consider whether an SMSF is the right choice for them” in a bid to counter what it says is conflicted information in the market.
The fund today announced the release of its 'SMSF Profiler', designed to provide consumers “accurate information” on SMSF establishment.
NGS Super boss Anthony Rodwell-Ball said the tool was developed after “member research” detected many were at risk from SMSF information that is “biased, conflicted or just scaremongering”.
“The SMSF Profiler is an online, multiple choice questionnaire that assesses an individual’s suitability for managing their own SMSF across pivotal areas; asking critical questions that need to be considered, guiding them to make an informed decision,” Mr Rodwell-Ball said.
“It is designed in such a way that should members find that they have the attributes and time to run an SMSF once using the tool, this conclusion is delivered to them transparently in the findings.”
The industry fund says the tool shows it is acting in accordance with its responsibility to educate and inform members about the positives and negatives of various super options.
The profile tool can be accessed here: http://www.ngssuper.com.au/super-members/learn-with-us/smsf-profiler/
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Nov 2018Government sets $51m to pursue misconductBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018The financial advisers most people don’t read aboutBy James Mitchell
- 16 Nov 2018Clients expect advisers to understand their situationBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018Retirees hit hardest by franking credit changes, says FSCBy Sarah Simpkins
- 16 Nov 2018Trust in advice more important than everBy Stephanie Aikins
- 15 Nov 2018We’ll lose advisers through FASEA but it’s necessaryBy Adrian Flores
- view all