The corporate regulator has banned a former Sydney-based equities trader after an investigation found manipulation of share prices.
Anton Kerstens, a former director of North Sydney dealership Ark Equities, has been banned from providing financial services for five years, ASIC has announced.
“ASIC’s investigation found that for a period of almost five months in 2012, Mr Kerstens was involved in numerous dealings through his company, Ark Equities, which had the effect of supporting the price of Cauldron Energy shares at a time their price was falling," the statement said.
“ASIC found that these dealings created a false and misleading appearance of the price for the shares in Cauldron Energy, and were intended to affect the trading behaviour of others in the market.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Jan 2019Advisers to suffer ‘horrendously’ from FASEABy Sarah Simpkins
- 18 Jan 2019Praemium FUA up 14%, reveals platform upgradeBy Adrian Flores
- 17 Jan 2019ASIC takes court action against former adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019NAB FP seeks resolution of false witness investigationBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019High demand for advisers and paraplanners in 2019By Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019Foreign adviser qualification standards finalisedBy Adrian Flores
- view all