The corporate regulator has banned a former Sydney-based equities trader after an investigation found manipulation of share prices.
Anton Kerstens, a former director of North Sydney dealership Ark Equities, has been banned from providing financial services for five years, ASIC has announced.
“ASIC’s investigation found that for a period of almost five months in 2012, Mr Kerstens was involved in numerous dealings through his company, Ark Equities, which had the effect of supporting the price of Cauldron Energy shares at a time their price was falling," the statement said.
“ASIC found that these dealings created a false and misleading appearance of the price for the shares in Cauldron Energy, and were intended to affect the trading behaviour of others in the market.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Oct 2017Parliamentary insurance group formedBy Staff Reporter
- 20 Oct 2017Treasurer introduces BEAR legislationBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Oct 2017Westpac to refund $65m to customersBy Annie Kane
- 20 Oct 2017Survey tips independent takeoverBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- 18 Oct 2017AFA suffers budget blowoutBy Killian Plastow
- 18 Oct 2017ISA ups ante on governance lobbyingBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all