Dartnall Advisers principal Eleanor Dartnall has been named as the guest speaker for young adviser lobby group XY Adviser's first event in 2015.
In a statement issued by XY Adviser, Successful Ways adviser and co-founder of the XY Adviser group, Ben Nash, said he was pleased to have Ms Dartnall – who won the AFA Adviser of the Year Award in 2014 – speak at the event.
“We are really excited to have Eleanor as a speaker at our first event, especially due to her specific focus on the education process she undertakes with her clients,” Mr Nash said.
“Eleanor provides innovative, cutting edge and really personalised advice for her clients, something that aligns with the future of advice as we see it,” he said.
Mr Nash added that it is time to focus on elevating the discussion of financial advice beyond industry issues to the sharing of advice business models that provide value to clients and “reflect the results of outcomes-based advice”.
“We hear it all the time: Gen X and Gen Y are the future of advice, so we have decided to build a network to allow those who, like us, want to initiate change, to contribute to the discussion,” Mr Nash said.
“We are working towards professionalism from the grass roots. We are all responsible for the transition of financial advice into a profession.
“It will require everyone to work together in sharing experiences and ideas to make that work, and to also set an example so we are attracting the best of the best into our profession,” Mr Nash said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Nov 2018Government sets $51m to pursue misconductBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018The financial advisers most people don’t read aboutBy James Mitchell
- 16 Nov 2018Clients expect advisers to understand their situationBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018Retirees hit hardest by franking credit changes, says FSCBy Sarah Simpkins
- 16 Nov 2018Trust in advice more important than everBy Stephanie Aikins
- 15 Nov 2018We’ll lose advisers through FASEA but it’s necessaryBy Adrian Flores
- view all