Fixed-income provider FIIG Securities has launched an online ordering system for corporate bonds to make access to the over-the-counter market easier.
In a statement, FIIG Securities said advisers and clients can use the system to browse a range of bonds, access research on each bond and place buy or sell requests at any time of the day.
FIIG Securities chief executive Mark Paton said the online service had been developed because investors were increasingly seeking investments, reviewing research and investing online at their own
“Despite the size of the over-the-counter market, no bond broker has done this before in Australia so we looked instead to websites like Amazon and other online retailers for a process that was familiar to clients and easy to use,” Mr Paton said.
“As a result, our system, which is unique in Australia, will make investing in bonds in the over-the-counter market as easy as possible for personal clients and their advisers."
Mr Paton added that investors, particularly in SMSFs, were seeking access to direct investments that deliver “reliable income streams and capital security” in order to protect their lifestyle and retirement.
“With FIIG’s new online ordering service, clients can access their ‘MyFIIG’ client portal, browse for bonds through an extensive list of options and develop model portfolios based on FIIG’s model analysis and add them to the Trade Request list,” the statement said.
“Once clients are satisfied with their selection, they can submit their requests and FIIG will finalise details with them before processing trade requests."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Jan 2019Advice issues stem from writing of SOAs, says RafteryBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019Federal Court winds up CFS Private WealthBy Eliot Hastie
- 22 Jan 20192.44m Aussies suffer from financial stressBy Sarah Simpkins
- 22 Jan 2019BT releases 6 ‘core’ managed portfoliosBy Eliot Hastie
- 21 Jan 2019Licence conditions placed on Sydney AFSLBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019O’Dwyer steps down from politicsBy Adrian Flores
- view all