ASIC has announced the launch of an online service for submitting entries to its adviser register.
In an email to the AFSL working group, seen by ifa, ASIC senior executive leader Joanna Bird said the online submission service for adviser details was available through ASIC Connect.
All “initial appointments of financial advisers” will be due by 30 March 2015, according to Ms Bird’s email.
“We recommend all AFS licensees sign up to ASIC Connect and start notifying appointments now,” Ms Bird wrote.
“The release of the new online service is an important step in establishing the new financial advisers register, which will be publically available from 31 March 2015, through our MoneySmart website.”
She encouraged members of the working group to share the information with their members and contacts and begin submitting adviser details before the deadline.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Nov 2018Government sets $51m to pursue misconductBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018The financial advisers most people don’t read aboutBy James Mitchell
- 16 Nov 2018Clients expect advisers to understand their situationBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018Retirees hit hardest by franking credit changes, says FSCBy Sarah Simpkins
- 16 Nov 2018Trust in advice more important than everBy Stephanie Aikins
- 15 Nov 2018We’ll lose advisers through FASEA but it’s necessaryBy Adrian Flores
- view all