Futuro Financial Services has announced the proposed five-year buyout by AMP will no longer proceed, with the institution retaining its 10 per cent stake.
A statement from the dealer group today announced that the decision was mutual and that Futuro advisers will continue to utilise the services of AMP’s Jigsaw business.
The statement also revealed that the chances of AMP increasing its stake have now diminished, with managing director Dennis Bashford pointing to a new, more confident strategic direction.
“Now that there is some clarity in relation to industry regulation, we have been able to firm up our strategic direction,” Mr Bashford said.
“We believe that this is the best outcome for all parties involved, and will give our advisers the best of both worlds."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Aug 2018AFA reveals Female Excellence in Advice finalistsBy Reporter
- 15 Aug 2018CFS ‘retained’ adviser commissions: RCBy Killian Plastow and Tim Stewart
- 15 Aug 2018Suncorp urged advisers to maintain commissionsBy Jessica Yun
- 15 Aug 2018Hostplus spent $260,000 on tennis ticketsBy Tim Stewart
- 14 Aug 2018RC challenges NAB on ASIC interactionsBy Killian Plastow
- 14 Aug 2018Judgement issued in DomaCom SMSF appealBy Miranda Brownlee
- view all