Suncorp has appointed a new executive general manager for its life insurance distribution business.
Effective 9 March, Andrew Mair will take up the new role where he will have responsibility for distribution of Suncorp Life products through the affiliated advice businesses, Asteron Life and the direct-to-consumer business.
He has been with the Suncorp Group for six years, following a 20-year stint at Zurich.
“For the last five years, Andrew has held the role of EGM commercial insurance (CI) distribution, responsible for Suncorp CI’s intermediated businesses and he has a deep experience across the group’s portfolio of brands,” said Suncorp Life chief executive Geoff Summerhayes.
“The life industry is facing challenging conditions which require fundamental changes from the industry players. Suncorp Life is committed to long-term improvements to its customer and adviser offering to improve sustainability and Andrew is a key appointment to help us navigate the challenges and opportunities ahead.
“Andrew has exceptional leadership skills in managing through significant industry change, with particular skills in building successful partnerships with brokers.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 10:14Royal commission branded as run to ‘political agenda’By Adrian Flores
- 25 Sep 2018ASIC finds serious delays in breach reporting from major banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 10:14New ETF to give access to Asian tech giantsBy Eliot Hastie
- 10:14Insight fund added to Netwealth platformBy Adrian Flores
- 25 Sep 2018Failed advice firm was ‘a proven success story’: DalyBy Adrian Flores and James Mitchell
- 25 Sep 2018New city added to FPA’s Women in Wealth programBy Adrian Flores
- view all