Suncorp has appointed a new executive general manager for its life insurance distribution business.
Effective 9 March, Andrew Mair will take up the new role where he will have responsibility for distribution of Suncorp Life products through the affiliated advice businesses, Asteron Life and the direct-to-consumer business.
He has been with the Suncorp Group for six years, following a 20-year stint at Zurich.
“For the last five years, Andrew has held the role of EGM commercial insurance (CI) distribution, responsible for Suncorp CI’s intermediated businesses and he has a deep experience across the group’s portfolio of brands,” said Suncorp Life chief executive Geoff Summerhayes.
“The life industry is facing challenging conditions which require fundamental changes from the industry players. Suncorp Life is committed to long-term improvements to its customer and adviser offering to improve sustainability and Andrew is a key appointment to help us navigate the challenges and opportunities ahead.
“Andrew has exceptional leadership skills in managing through significant industry change, with particular skills in building successful partnerships with brokers.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Nov 2018Government sets $51m to pursue misconductBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018The financial advisers most people don’t read aboutBy James Mitchell
- 16 Nov 2018Clients expect advisers to understand their situationBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018Retirees hit hardest by franking credit changes, says FSCBy Sarah Simpkins
- 16 Nov 2018Trust in advice more important than everBy Stephanie Aikins
- 15 Nov 2018We’ll lose advisers through FASEA but it’s necessaryBy Adrian Flores
- view all