Suncorp has appointed a new executive general manager for its life insurance distribution business.
Effective 9 March, Andrew Mair will take up the new role where he will have responsibility for distribution of Suncorp Life products through the affiliated advice businesses, Asteron Life and the direct-to-consumer business.
He has been with the Suncorp Group for six years, following a 20-year stint at Zurich.
“For the last five years, Andrew has held the role of EGM commercial insurance (CI) distribution, responsible for Suncorp CI’s intermediated businesses and he has a deep experience across the group’s portfolio of brands,” said Suncorp Life chief executive Geoff Summerhayes.
“The life industry is facing challenging conditions which require fundamental changes from the industry players. Suncorp Life is committed to long-term improvements to its customer and adviser offering to improve sustainability and Andrew is a key appointment to help us navigate the challenges and opportunities ahead.
“Andrew has exceptional leadership skills in managing through significant industry change, with particular skills in building successful partnerships with brokers.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 23 Jan 2019Adelaide adviser permanently banned from industryBy Eliot Hastie
- 23 Jan 2019Bowen slams ‘woeful’ handling of royal commissionBy James Mitchell
- 23 Jan 2019Gender super gap lower but still at 34%By Adrian Flores
- 22 Jan 2019Advice issues stem from writing of SOAs, says RafteryBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019Federal Court winds up CFS Private WealthBy Eliot Hastie
- 22 Jan 20192.44m Aussies suffer from financial stressBy Sarah Simpkins
- view all