BT Financial Group has started a search for a new general manager of adviser distribution following the retirement of Chris Freeman.
Mr Freeman, who has been with BT for 25 years, will continue on part-time as a consultant before stepping down in the latter half of 2015, according to a statement.
His consulting work will then continue for a further two years, said a BT spokesperson.
"As he transitions to retirement, Mr Freeman will continue to focus on maintaining BT’s strong client and industry relationships," said BT.
Mr Freeman will also act as a 'BT ambasssador' at client conferences and industry events as he transitions to retirement, said the statement.
Mr Freeman has held a number of roles at BT including head of sales and joint head of the equities division for Bankers Trust Investment Bank; state and national sales manager for BT Funds Management; head of BT Wrap, and his current position general manager of adviser distribution.
"BT has always been a place of meritocracy which has made the last 25 years a dynamic, fast-paced and utterly enjoyable experience," Mr Freeman said.
"Launching BT Wrap in 1997 was a real turning point for the industry and I’m excited to see BT’s Panorama take advisers’ relationships with their clients to the next level," he said.
BT has commenced an internal and external search to find a suitable candidate for the vacant role, said BT.
"Mr Freeman will be assisting with the transition and recruitment of this role and will remain in charge of adviser distribution until this process is complete," the statement said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Sep 2017ASIC permanently bans unlicensed SMSF spruikerBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Sep 2017Advisers recognised at Women in Finance AwardsBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Sep 2017Advisers not fully aware of LIF impacts: ZurichBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Sep 2017Red tape forces SMEs to cut staffBy Adam Zuchetti and Aleks Vickovich
- 21 Sep 2017Bitcoin 'dangerous and speculative', says MagellanBy Tim Stewart
- 20 Sep 2017ANZ calls for adviser transparencyBy Killian Plastow
- view all