BT Financial Group has started a search for a new general manager of adviser distribution following the retirement of Chris Freeman.
Mr Freeman, who has been with BT for 25 years, will continue on part-time as a consultant before stepping down in the latter half of 2015, according to a statement.
His consulting work will then continue for a further two years, said a BT spokesperson.
"As he transitions to retirement, Mr Freeman will continue to focus on maintaining BT’s strong client and industry relationships," said BT.
Mr Freeman will also act as a 'BT ambasssador' at client conferences and industry events as he transitions to retirement, said the statement.
Mr Freeman has held a number of roles at BT including head of sales and joint head of the equities division for Bankers Trust Investment Bank; state and national sales manager for BT Funds Management; head of BT Wrap, and his current position general manager of adviser distribution.
"BT has always been a place of meritocracy which has made the last 25 years a dynamic, fast-paced and utterly enjoyable experience," Mr Freeman said.
"Launching BT Wrap in 1997 was a real turning point for the industry and I’m excited to see BT’s Panorama take advisers’ relationships with their clients to the next level," he said.
BT has commenced an internal and external search to find a suitable candidate for the vacant role, said BT.
"Mr Freeman will be assisting with the transition and recruitment of this role and will remain in charge of adviser distribution until this process is complete," the statement said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Sep 2018Banned Perth adviser did not engage in dishonest conductBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018‘No advisers have been mistreated’: DalyBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018Beacon advisers held ‘ransom’ while IIOF money remains missingBy James Mitchell
- 19 Sep 2018Linchpin funded advice business in liquidationBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018Government beefs up ASIC capabilitiesBy Adrian Flores
- 20 Sep 2018Labor super gender gap proposals meet FSC approvalBy Adrian Flores
- view all