AMP Capital has joined a number of its competitors on Lonsec Research’s industry panel to assist financial advisers with the challenges of securing clients' retirement income.
Lonsec Retire – an online portal designed to assist financial advisers in providing more comprehensive advice to retiree clients – is now being supported by AMP Capital, in addition to existing panel members NAB Asset Management, Colonial First State, Macquarie Investment Management, BT Investment Management and Plato Investment Management.
“Advisers can use the portal to access three advice modules – Research, Solutions and the Industry Panel of asset managers,” a statement from Lonsec said.
“The six members of the Industry Panel each commit to delivering subscribers unique insights and views on issues related to retirement planning,” it said.
Lonsec general manager Lukasz de Pourbaix said the funding of retiree pensions will be one of the greatest challenges facing the financial sector in the coming decades, with a “continuing flood” of baby boomers entering retirement.
“An increasing number of retirement products in the market, ongoing tinkering with the superannuation system, and changes to the age pension make post-retirement investment a complex and ever-changing issue for advisers,” Mr de Pourbaix said.
“The Industry Panel is a unique platform that looks to engage the broader market in tackling these issues as well as help build and broaden understanding among advisers and their clients.”
“We don’t have all the answers and the Industry Panel is our way of increasing knowledge around the issues of investing in the retirement phase,” he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 10:14Royal commission branded as run to ‘political agenda’By Adrian Flores
- 25 Sep 2018ASIC finds serious delays in breach reporting from major banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 10:14New ETF to give access to Asian tech giantsBy Eliot Hastie
- 10:14Insight fund added to Netwealth platformBy Adrian Flores
- 25 Sep 2018Failed advice firm was ‘a proven success story’: DalyBy Adrian Flores and James Mitchell
- 25 Sep 2018New city added to FPA’s Women in Wealth programBy Adrian Flores
- view all