Life insurer AIA Australia has appointed a former GE Capital staffer as its new chief marketing officer.
AIA has appointed Renae Smith to the role, where the life insurer said she will lead a team of 41 people across its retail pricing, product development, marketing and AIA Vitality program.
Prior to her appointment Ms Smith worked for GE Capital Australia and New Zealand as its head of marketing and portfolio management.
Ms Smith has also held a number of senior marketing roles at Telstra and previously worked for World Vision Australia and Sharinga Networks in the United States and Australia.
AIA Australia chief executive Damien Mu said Ms Smith’s appointment comes at an ideal time for the business.
“[Ms Smith] joins us at an exciting time as we seek to build on our position as one of the fastest-growing life insurers in Australia,” Mr Mu said.
“Her extensive marketing experience will be crucial for us as we continue to expand our market presence and develop new products and services that meet the needs of our customers and partners,” he said.
Ms Smith will commence her appointment on 11 February 2015.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 26 Sep 2018Royal commission branded as run to ‘political agenda’By Adrian Flores
- 25 Sep 2018ASIC finds serious delays in breach reporting from major banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 26 Sep 2018New ETF to give access to Asian tech giantsBy Eliot Hastie
- 26 Sep 2018Insight fund added to Netwealth platformBy Adrian Flores
- 25 Sep 2018Failed advice firm was ‘a proven success story’: DalyBy Adrian Flores and James Mitchell
- 25 Sep 2018New city added to FPA’s Women in Wealth programBy Adrian Flores
- view all