Former AFA president Michael Nowak has been congratulated and thanked by the Million Dollar Round Table association for services to the advice community.
In a communication to members, seen by ifa, the MDRT Oceania chapter paid homage to Mr Nowak, a principal of Joe Nowak Financial Services in Brisbane and 10-year MDRT member, for his contribution as AFA national president.
“At a time when Australian advisers faced both uncertainty and change with the implementation of FOFA, the AFA worked incredibly hard to both represent and protect advisers' interests,” the communication said.
“For Michael taking on the role of president, especially at this time, meant he committed much of his personal and business time to representing, lobbying for and working with advisers.”
The message extended both thanks and congratulations to Mr Nowak for completing his tenure as national president.
Former AFA Inspire chair Deborah Kent was appointed AFA national president in October 2014.
The comments come as AMP-aligned adviser Ross Vanderwolf has been announced as a future global president of the MDRT.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 09:09Liberal Party has done ‘almost nothing’ for advisersBy James Mitchell
- 10:01Better advice complaints resolution needed, says ASICBy Adrian Flores
- 09:57Wealth management holders unlikely to seek adviceBy Sarah Simpkins
- 10 Dec 2018Only 12% of advice practices have exit plansBy Adrian Flores
- 10 Dec 2018CIPRs need to account for future mortality rates, study findsBy Adrian Flores
- 10 Dec 2018Freedom halts selling of life insuranceBy Adrian Flores
- view all