Former AFA president Michael Nowak has been congratulated and thanked by the Million Dollar Round Table association for services to the advice community.
In a communication to members, seen by ifa, the MDRT Oceania chapter paid homage to Mr Nowak, a principal of Joe Nowak Financial Services in Brisbane and 10-year MDRT member, for his contribution as AFA national president.
“At a time when Australian advisers faced both uncertainty and change with the implementation of FOFA, the AFA worked incredibly hard to both represent and protect advisers' interests,” the communication said.
“For Michael taking on the role of president, especially at this time, meant he committed much of his personal and business time to representing, lobbying for and working with advisers.”
The message extended both thanks and congratulations to Mr Nowak for completing his tenure as national president.
Former AFA Inspire chair Deborah Kent was appointed AFA national president in October 2014.
The comments come as AMP-aligned adviser Ross Vanderwolf has been announced as a future global president of the MDRT.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Oct 2017ISA ups ante on governance lobbyingBy Aleks Vickovich
- 18 Oct 2017Midwinter and PractiFI announce integrationBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Oct 2017Hub24 announces partnership with EurozBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Oct 2017Former NZ PM joins ANZBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Oct 2017IRESS and SuiteBox announce Xplan integrationBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Oct 2017Shipton ‘most qualified’ for ASIC role: O’DwyerBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- view all