Global asset manager Legg Mason has announced its Brandywine Global Opportunistic Fixed Income trust has now joined the Macquarie Wrap platform.
Legg Mason said the fund's inclusion on the Macquarie Wrap platform follows the fund receiving an upgraded rating to ‘highly recommended’ from research house Lonsec in September 2014.
“The fund’s inclusion on Macquarie Wrap coincides with a successful adviser roadshow in November that attracted over 220 advisers in Sydney and Melbourne,” a statement from Legg Mason said.
The asset manager also said the fund’s investment strategy is based on a “real yield-seeking style” that is unconstrained, opportunistic and “benchmark agnostic”.
“This approach has delivered the highest return in its Mercer peer group over one, two and three years to October 2014,” a statement from Legg Mason said.
“Going forward, Legg Mason believes Brandywine’s unconstrained style may also be well positioned with potential interest rate rises and diminishing credit opportunities in 2015,” the statement said.
Legg Mason Australia head of sales Beau Titchkosky said there is a growing interest from people for unconstrained solutions in fixed-income investments.
“We are delighted to have one of our flagship affiliate offerings now available to advisers on the Macquarie platform,” Mr Titchkosky said.
“There is certainly greater interest and appetite for unconstrained solutions in fixed income and we are pleased to be able to offer a differentiated solution for advisers,” he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 10:20Beacon advisers held ‘ransom’ while IIOF money remains missingBy James Mitchell
- 19 Sep 2018Linchpin funded advice business in liquidationBy James Mitchell
- 19 Sep 2018McMaster: Where was ASIC on Beacon, CBA and AMP?By James Mitchell
- 18 Sep 2018Peter Kell resigns as deputy chair of ASICBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Sep 2018Two former Macquarie advisers given 10-year banBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Sep 2018Raiz addresses Millennial advice gap with chatbotBy Reporter
- view all