Global asset manager Legg Mason has announced its Brandywine Global Opportunistic Fixed Income trust has now joined the Macquarie Wrap platform.
Legg Mason said the fund's inclusion on the Macquarie Wrap platform follows the fund receiving an upgraded rating to ‘highly recommended’ from research house Lonsec in September 2014.
“The fund’s inclusion on Macquarie Wrap coincides with a successful adviser roadshow in November that attracted over 220 advisers in Sydney and Melbourne,” a statement from Legg Mason said.
The asset manager also said the fund’s investment strategy is based on a “real yield-seeking style” that is unconstrained, opportunistic and “benchmark agnostic”.
“This approach has delivered the highest return in its Mercer peer group over one, two and three years to October 2014,” a statement from Legg Mason said.
“Going forward, Legg Mason believes Brandywine’s unconstrained style may also be well positioned with potential interest rate rises and diminishing credit opportunities in 2015,” the statement said.
Legg Mason Australia head of sales Beau Titchkosky said there is a growing interest from people for unconstrained solutions in fixed-income investments.
“We are delighted to have one of our flagship affiliate offerings now available to advisers on the Macquarie platform,” Mr Titchkosky said.
“There is certainly greater interest and appetite for unconstrained solutions in fixed income and we are pleased to be able to offer a differentiated solution for advisers,” he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Mar 2018CBA CEO pushed for FOFA extensionBy James Mitchell and Aleks Vickovich
- 16 Mar 2018CPA dealer group clashes with FASEA requirementsBy Katarina Taurian
- 16 Mar 2018NAB launches virtual assistant for superBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018IFA-focused platforms open to new strategiesBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018Deakin eyes advisers to fill staff demandBy Killian Plastow
- 15 Mar 2018Adviser Innovation Summit 2018 agenda announcedBy Staff Reporter
- view all