Global asset manager Legg Mason has announced its Brandywine Global Opportunistic Fixed Income trust has now joined the Macquarie Wrap platform.
Legg Mason said the fund's inclusion on the Macquarie Wrap platform follows the fund receiving an upgraded rating to ‘highly recommended’ from research house Lonsec in September 2014.
“The fund’s inclusion on Macquarie Wrap coincides with a successful adviser roadshow in November that attracted over 220 advisers in Sydney and Melbourne,” a statement from Legg Mason said.
The asset manager also said the fund’s investment strategy is based on a “real yield-seeking style” that is unconstrained, opportunistic and “benchmark agnostic”.
“This approach has delivered the highest return in its Mercer peer group over one, two and three years to October 2014,” a statement from Legg Mason said.
“Going forward, Legg Mason believes Brandywine’s unconstrained style may also be well positioned with potential interest rate rises and diminishing credit opportunities in 2015,” the statement said.
Legg Mason Australia head of sales Beau Titchkosky said there is a growing interest from people for unconstrained solutions in fixed-income investments.
“We are delighted to have one of our flagship affiliate offerings now available to advisers on the Macquarie platform,” Mr Titchkosky said.
“There is certainly greater interest and appetite for unconstrained solutions in fixed income and we are pleased to be able to offer a differentiated solution for advisers,” he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017Adviser ethics certification launchedBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017Banks evade FOFA, industry funds claimBy Larissa Waterson
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- view all