Financial advice technology provider Decimal has appointed a former Macquarie Bank executive as its new chief executive.
Decimal has named Carolyn Colley as its new chief executive, responsible for the company’s market strategy and product development activity.
Prior to her new role with Decimal Ms Colley has held a number of senior executive roles at Macquarie, St George and BT Financial Group.
“[Ms Colley] commenced her new role with Decimal by representing the company at an important advice-focused event, the FPA conference, where she met industry stakeholders and Decimal clients to better understand immediate challenges and opportunities,” a statement from Decimal said.
“Her recent experiences in senior executive roles at leading financial institutions, means she is well placed to help Decimal solve some of the endemic challenges faced by the financial advice industry,” the statement said.
Ms Colley said through its technology Decimal can play a “vital role” in changing the financial services model “for the better”.
“The mounting pressure on our industry is palpable,” she said. “Every stakeholder in the financial services sector is affected by the challenges of compliance – from the regulator, to IFAs, dealer groups, as well as corporate institutions.”
“It is clear that Decimal can play a vital role in changing the financial advice model for the better through our cloud-based technology platform, and deliver tangible benefits for advice businesses and importantly make advice more accessible and valuable to consumers,” Ms Colley said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 23 Jan 2019Adelaide adviser permanently banned from industryBy Eliot Hastie
- 23 Jan 2019Bowen slams ‘woeful’ handling of royal commissionBy James Mitchell
- 23 Jan 2019Gender super gap lower but still at 34%By Adrian Flores
- 22 Jan 2019Advice issues stem from writing of SOAs, says RafteryBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019Federal Court winds up CFS Private WealthBy Eliot Hastie
- 22 Jan 20192.44m Aussies suffer from financial stressBy Sarah Simpkins
- view all