Financial advice technology provider Decimal has appointed a former Macquarie Bank executive as its new chief executive.
Decimal has named Carolyn Colley as its new chief executive, responsible for the company’s market strategy and product development activity.
Prior to her new role with Decimal Ms Colley has held a number of senior executive roles at Macquarie, St George and BT Financial Group.
“[Ms Colley] commenced her new role with Decimal by representing the company at an important advice-focused event, the FPA conference, where she met industry stakeholders and Decimal clients to better understand immediate challenges and opportunities,” a statement from Decimal said.
“Her recent experiences in senior executive roles at leading financial institutions, means she is well placed to help Decimal solve some of the endemic challenges faced by the financial advice industry,” the statement said.
Ms Colley said through its technology Decimal can play a “vital role” in changing the financial services model “for the better”.
“The mounting pressure on our industry is palpable,” she said. “Every stakeholder in the financial services sector is affected by the challenges of compliance – from the regulator, to IFAs, dealer groups, as well as corporate institutions.”
“It is clear that Decimal can play a vital role in changing the financial advice model for the better through our cloud-based technology platform, and deliver tangible benefits for advice businesses and importantly make advice more accessible and valuable to consumers,” Ms Colley said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Sep 2017ASIC permanently bans unlicensed SMSF spruikerBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Sep 2017Advisers recognised at Women in Finance AwardsBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Sep 2017Advisers not fully aware of LIF impacts: ZurichBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Sep 2017Red tape forces SMEs to cut staffBy Adam Zuchetti and Aleks Vickovich
- 21 Sep 2017Bitcoin 'dangerous and speculative', says MagellanBy Tim Stewart
- 20 Sep 2017ANZ calls for adviser transparencyBy Killian Plastow
- view all