Life insurer TAL has appointed a former IAG executive to the role of general manager of claims.
In a statement released yesterday, TAL said it has appointed Mary Maini to the role of claims general manager.
“The role oversees claims management across all of TAL’s distribution channels to ensure a high-quality customer experience,” a statement from TAL said.
Prior to starting her new role Ms Maini has led across multiple business areas in IAG including underwriting, indirect sales, operations claims, legal and training.
TAL chief customer service and operations officer Penny Coates said Ms Maini will bring a “wealth of experience” to TAL at a time of record claim payments and efforts to help customers.
“TAL paid a record $843 million in claims last year and we expect this trend to continue, demonstrating the very important social role we play in helping people and families in [their] time of need,” Ms Coates said.
“But we do more than just pay claims – we have programs to help people return to health and work so they can get on with their lives. And Ms Maini will be instrumental in advancing our efforts in this area for the benefit of our customers,” she said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Oct 2017Parliamentary insurance group formedBy Staff Reporter
- 20 Oct 2017Treasurer introduces BEAR legislationBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Oct 2017Westpac to refund $65m to customersBy Annie Kane
- 20 Oct 2017Survey tips independent takeoverBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- 18 Oct 2017AFA suffers budget blowoutBy Killian Plastow
- 18 Oct 2017ISA ups ante on governance lobbyingBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all