Life insurer TAL has appointed a former IAG executive to the role of general manager of claims.
In a statement released yesterday, TAL said it has appointed Mary Maini to the role of claims general manager.
“The role oversees claims management across all of TAL’s distribution channels to ensure a high-quality customer experience,” a statement from TAL said.
Prior to starting her new role Ms Maini has led across multiple business areas in IAG including underwriting, indirect sales, operations claims, legal and training.
TAL chief customer service and operations officer Penny Coates said Ms Maini will bring a “wealth of experience” to TAL at a time of record claim payments and efforts to help customers.
“TAL paid a record $843 million in claims last year and we expect this trend to continue, demonstrating the very important social role we play in helping people and families in [their] time of need,” Ms Coates said.
“But we do more than just pay claims – we have programs to help people return to health and work so they can get on with their lives. And Ms Maini will be instrumental in advancing our efforts in this area for the benefit of our customers,” she said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Aug 2017Formerly banned adviser to face further ASIC chargesBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Challenger announces ‘strategic relationship’ with Japanese insurerBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Income protection insurance launched for on-demand workersBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Aug 2017New evidence for self-licensing surgeBy Aleks Vickovich and Linda Santacruz
- 16 Aug 2017RegTech to reduce adviser misconductBy Aleks Vickovich and Larissa Waterson
- view all