Life insurer TAL has appointed a former IAG executive to the role of general manager of claims.
In a statement released yesterday, TAL said it has appointed Mary Maini to the role of claims general manager.
“The role oversees claims management across all of TAL’s distribution channels to ensure a high-quality customer experience,” a statement from TAL said.
Prior to starting her new role Ms Maini has led across multiple business areas in IAG including underwriting, indirect sales, operations claims, legal and training.
TAL chief customer service and operations officer Penny Coates said Ms Maini will bring a “wealth of experience” to TAL at a time of record claim payments and efforts to help customers.
“TAL paid a record $843 million in claims last year and we expect this trend to continue, demonstrating the very important social role we play in helping people and families in [their] time of need,” Ms Coates said.
“But we do more than just pay claims – we have programs to help people return to health and work so they can get on with their lives. And Ms Maini will be instrumental in advancing our efforts in this area for the benefit of our customers,” she said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 21 Jun 2018Henderson Maxwell to merge with AZ NGA firmBy Aleks Vickovich
- 21 Jun 2018Aon caught lying about Dover licensing offerBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Jun 2018FASEA names new chief executiveBy Reporter
- 20 Jun 2018Sexual harassment debate sparked in advice industryBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Jun 2018Clear KPIs a key adviser motivator: reportBy Reporter
- 20 Jun 2018Dealer group to appear before royal commission’s fourth roundBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all