Platform provider OneVue has confirmed its partnership with News Corp subsidiary Eureka Report to deliver a new superannuation service, and provided more information about the service.
The product, brightday, produced by the partnership will provide an end-to-end self-managed superannuation fund service, retail superannuation and the ability to manage non-superannuation assets, according to a statement released by OneVue.
OneVue Group CEO Connie Mckeage described brightday as a “natural extension” of OneVue’s operations as a technology wholesaler and service provider.
“This strategic relationship with Eureka Report is part of a broader growth plan for OneVue,” she said.
“We are accelerating investment in our platform services division to create a step change in the industry.”
Under the partnership, OneVue will provide the wealth and technology expertise while Eureka Report “understands investors and their financial aspirations,” Ms Mckeage said.
Eureka Report executive general manager James Leplaw said the new initiative was based on research suggesting Australians desire greater control over their super assets.
“brightday was born out of a strong desire to give people greater control of their retirement savings and help make better, more informed investment choices and will be accessible to people with low superannuation balances who currently feel locked out of improving their financial future,” Mr Leplaw said.
The initial terms of the project will be for five years, with the option of a further three years, the statement said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Nov 2018Government sets $51m to pursue misconductBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018The financial advisers most people don’t read aboutBy James Mitchell
- 16 Nov 2018Clients expect advisers to understand their situationBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018Retirees hit hardest by franking credit changes, says FSCBy Sarah Simpkins
- 16 Nov 2018Trust in advice more important than everBy Stephanie Aikins
- 15 Nov 2018We’ll lose advisers through FASEA but it’s necessaryBy Adrian Flores
- view all