Aleks Vickovich has been named Editor of the Year – Business for his work on ifa at the 2014 Publishers Australia Excellence Awards.
In awarding the title to Mr Vickovich at the awards ceremony in Sydney last week, the judges said: “In a short period of time Aleks has had a huge impact on the magazine in terms of content, revenue and reader numbers. He is an editor who knows his stuff.”
Commenting on the award, Mr Vickovich said he dedicated the honour to the “small business financial advisers of Australia” as well as his colleagues at ifa magazine.
“In a challenging and competitive media market, my team has worked hard to deliver high quality journalism as well as important regulatory and business information during an important and difficult time in the financial advice industry’s history,” he said.
“This award recognises ifa's growing influence in the industry and its important role as a forum and advocate for the non-aligned and boutique sectors in particular.”
In addition to winning Editor of the Year – Business, Sterling Publishing was named Business Publishing Company of the Year 2014, while The Adviser’s Better Business Summit received Event of the Year – Business.
According to Alex Whitlock, group publisher at Sterling Publishing, the latest accolades bear testament to the quality and professionalism of the Sterling team.
“Over the years we’ve won numerous honours at the Publishers Australia Excellence Awards but this year’s achievement is the standout,” he said.
“The Business Publishing Company of the Year award reflects the truly outstanding work our team delivers across all facets of our business.”
The 18th annual award featured some of the biggest brands and businesses in publishing, with Bauer Media, Reed Business Information, Pacific Magazines, NewsLifeMedia, ABC and Universal Magazines amongst the finalists across 26 award categories.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 25 Sep 2018ASIC finds serious delays in breach reporting from major banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 25 Sep 2018Failed advice firm was ‘a proven success story’: DalyBy Adrian Flores and James Mitchell
- 25 Sep 2018New city added to FPA’s Women in Wealth programBy Adrian Flores
- 25 Sep 2018Fund managers charging fees for underperformanceBy Eliot Hastie
- 25 Sep 2018Government minister to address AFA conferenceBy Adrian Flores
- 24 Sep 2018Accountants continue battle for advice spaceBy Adrian Flores
- view all