ASIC has appointed an external expert to monitor compliance with licence conditions placed on Commonwealth Financial Planning and Financial Wisdom.
The corporate regulator has appointed KordaMentha Forensic to examine operations within the two licensees, on the lookout for “high risk advisers and affected customers” as well as compliance with the licence conditions announced by ASIC earlier this year.
“ASIC will release the findings, and CFPL and FWL will be required to address any deficiencies identified,” said an ASIC statement.
“ASIC imposed the conditions on CFPL and FWL – and flagged it would appoint an external compliance expert – after a scheme developed to compensate customers of former CFPL advisers was not applied consistently across all affected customers of the two businesses.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Sep 2018Banned Perth adviser did not engage in dishonest conductBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018‘No advisers have been mistreated’: DalyBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018Beacon advisers held ‘ransom’ while IIOF money remains missingBy James Mitchell
- 19 Sep 2018Linchpin funded advice business in liquidationBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018Government beefs up ASIC capabilitiesBy Adrian Flores
- 20 Sep 2018Labor super gender gap proposals meet FSC approvalBy Adrian Flores
- view all