ASIC has appointed an external expert to monitor compliance with licence conditions placed on Commonwealth Financial Planning and Financial Wisdom.
The corporate regulator has appointed KordaMentha Forensic to examine operations within the two licensees, on the lookout for “high risk advisers and affected customers” as well as compliance with the licence conditions announced by ASIC earlier this year.
“ASIC will release the findings, and CFPL and FWL will be required to address any deficiencies identified,” said an ASIC statement.
“ASIC imposed the conditions on CFPL and FWL – and flagged it would appoint an external compliance expert – after a scheme developed to compensate customers of former CFPL advisers was not applied consistently across all affected customers of the two businesses.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Aug 2017Formerly banned adviser to face further ASIC chargesBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Challenger announces ‘strategic relationship’ with Japanese insurerBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Income protection insurance launched for on-demand workersBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Aug 2017New evidence for self-licensing surgeBy Aleks Vickovich and Linda Santacruz
- 16 Aug 2017RegTech to reduce adviser misconductBy Aleks Vickovich and Larissa Waterson
- view all