The FSC has announced former journalist and business executive Sally Loane as its next chief executive, replacing outgoing chief John Brogden.
Ms Loane, who has been the director of media and public affairs at Coca-Cola Amatil for the past eight years, will take up the top role at the lobby group on 8 December.
The FSC announced in July that Mr Brogden will assume the role of chief executive of the Australian Institute of Company Directors in January 2015.
Along with her role at Coca-Cola Amatil, Ms Loane is also a director of the Waratahs Rugby P/L and SCEGGS Darlinghurst, deputy chair of the Committee for Sydney, governor of the Cerebral Palsy Research Foundation and a member of the Salvation Army’s media advisory board.
FSC chairman Greg Cooper said, “Sally brings a strong background in media and corporate reputation to the FSC.
“Her skills and experience will be critical as financial services moves from an era of the most significant changes in regulation and legislation in its history to its next phase of being an export and growth industry for Australia,” Mr Cooper said.
For her part, Ms Loane said "financial services is the engine room of the Australian economy".
“As Australia’s largest industry – larger than mining and manufacturing – financial services is integral to Australia’s economic growth. There is tremendous scope to cement financial services as an industry in its own right,” she said.
“Building trust and confidence in financial services will be a significant focus for the immediate future of the industry."
Ms Loane was an ABC journalist before entering the corporate sector.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 26 Sep 2018Royal commission branded as run to ‘political agenda’By Adrian Flores
- 25 Sep 2018ASIC finds serious delays in breach reporting from major banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 26 Sep 2018New ETF to give access to Asian tech giantsBy Eliot Hastie
- 26 Sep 2018Insight fund added to Netwealth platformBy Adrian Flores
- 25 Sep 2018Failed advice firm was ‘a proven success story’: DalyBy Adrian Flores and James Mitchell
- 25 Sep 2018New city added to FPA’s Women in Wealth programBy Adrian Flores
- view all