The Financial Planning Education Council (FPEC) in partnership with the FPA has announced two winners of the 2015 FPEC Academic Research Grants.
The FPEC said Adrian Raftery’s team from Deakin University and Sharon Taylor’s team from the University of Western Sydney (UWS) have been awarded $5,000 each to support their research to “further grow relationships” between the tertiary sector and financial planning profession.
The grants are sponsored by the FPA and recognise those that have a “commitment to encouraging development of financial planning” as an academic discipline.
Dr Raftery’s team, from Deakin University, was awarded the research grant for its project entitled The costs, benefits and trade-offs associated with professionalising the Australian Financial Planning Industry.
Ms Taylor’s team from UWS, meanwhile, was awarded the grant for its project entitled Can a link be established between ultimate success in the CFP Certification Program and any specific demographic factor of the participant?
“Presentations of both projects will be made at the academic Personal Finance and Investments Conference (PFIS), to be held in November 2015,” a statement from FPEC said.
“Outcomes from the two inaugural grants awarded in March of this year will be presented at the Personal Finance and Investment Symposium at Flinders University on 11 November,” the FPEC said.
“The FPEC plans to award annual Research Grants and a call for submissions for the 2016 grants will occur in May 2015. The scheme is open to higher education providers with an FPEC-approved degree,” it said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 25 May 2018‘Never been a better time’ for advice: MorningstarBy Killian Plastow
- 25 May 2018ASIC takes former AFSL director to courtBy Reporter
- 25 May 2018Henderson Maxwell owner launches investigationBy Aleks Vickovich
- 25 May 2018CBA issues update on AUSTRAC proceedingsBy Reporter
- 25 May 2018Employers granted unpaid super amnestyBy Jessica Yun
- 25 May 2018Bernardi backs bank withdrawal from wealthBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all