Market Vectors has listed a new global equities exchange-traded fund on the ASX, anticipating strong demand from SMSF investors.
Market Vectors said its Market Vectors MSCI World ex Australia Quality ETF will provide investors access to a portfolio of 300 “quality international companies” against the MSCI World ex Australian Quality Index.
Van Eck and Market Vectors managing director Arian Neiron said the new ETF will provide investors with the opportunity to invest in a portfolio of international equities that are included on the basis of “MSCI’s quality factor”.
"By selecting companies based on MSCI’s Quality score, this ETF allows investors to take advantage of the expected performance and defensive characteristics of these international companies,” Mr Neiron said.
“[It] also gives Australian investors exposure to sectors where opportunities are limited if they only invest locally, such as information technology and healthcare. This includes companies such as Google, Roche, Apple and Johnson and Johnson," he said.
Market Vectors also said the MSCI World ex Australia Quality Index has delivered a one-year return of 24.57 per cent and returned 10 per cent per annum since 30 November 1994 as of 30 September 2014.
“We expect this fund to appeal to investors looking to diversify among quality international companies in different countries and sectors in one trade,” Mr Neiron said.
“We particularly expect strong demand from SMSFs, the fastest growing segment of the superannuation sector, which has about $557 billion in assets,” he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Mar 2019Westpac announces exit from financial adviceBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Mar 2019ASIC given greater powers under new proposalBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Mar 2019FPA releases national roadshow detailsBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Mar 2019Linchpin Capital, IIOF fund to be shut downBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Mar 2019FASEA releases final provider accreditation policyBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Mar 2019Adviser given 10-year prison sentence by NSW courtBy Adrian Flores
- view all