Market Vectors has listed a new global equities exchange-traded fund on the ASX, anticipating strong demand from SMSF investors.
Market Vectors said its Market Vectors MSCI World ex Australia Quality ETF will provide investors access to a portfolio of 300 “quality international companies” against the MSCI World ex Australian Quality Index.
Van Eck and Market Vectors managing director Arian Neiron said the new ETF will provide investors with the opportunity to invest in a portfolio of international equities that are included on the basis of “MSCI’s quality factor”.
"By selecting companies based on MSCI’s Quality score, this ETF allows investors to take advantage of the expected performance and defensive characteristics of these international companies,” Mr Neiron said.
“[It] also gives Australian investors exposure to sectors where opportunities are limited if they only invest locally, such as information technology and healthcare. This includes companies such as Google, Roche, Apple and Johnson and Johnson," he said.
Market Vectors also said the MSCI World ex Australia Quality Index has delivered a one-year return of 24.57 per cent and returned 10 per cent per annum since 30 November 1994 as of 30 September 2014.
“We expect this fund to appeal to investors looking to diversify among quality international companies in different countries and sectors in one trade,” Mr Neiron said.
“We particularly expect strong demand from SMSFs, the fastest growing segment of the superannuation sector, which has about $557 billion in assets,” he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Sep 2018‘No advisers have been mistreated’: DalyBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018Beacon advisers held ‘ransom’ while IIOF money remains missingBy James Mitchell
- 19 Sep 2018Linchpin funded advice business in liquidationBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018Government beefs up ASIC capabilitiesBy Adrian Flores
- 20 Sep 2018Labor super gender gap proposals meet FSC approvalBy Adrian Flores
- 20 Sep 2018Software integration aims for advice efficiencyBy Reporter
- view all