Financial services public relations consultancy 64 Media has launched a free online tool to help advisers market their services via the media.
64 Media principal Julie Bennett said the app would show advisers how to publicise their successes to consumers as well as helping to change public perceptions of advisers.
“We believe most advisers do great work in planning the financial futures of their clients but the actions of a small number of advisers over recent years have tarred the entire industry,” she said.
“We need more positive stories about the great work advisers do and we hope the app prompts them to begin learning the skills they need to better tell those stories to journalists.”
She suggested licensees could also take advantage of the online tool.
“We know there are licensees who are concerned about their advisers speaking to the press and we hope that by providing some insights into the way journalists work, the app can provide a small first step towards helping them overcome this concern,” she said.
According to Ms Bennett, the tools are a “first step” for advisers who have not previously worked with the media.
“Although many advisers do have great stories to tell, they may not have the know-how or the budget to embark on a full PR campaign,” she said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Oct 2017ISA ups ante on governance lobbyingBy Aleks Vickovich
- 18 Oct 2017Midwinter and PractiFI announce integrationBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Oct 2017Hub24 announces partnership with EurozBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Oct 2017Former NZ PM joins ANZBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Oct 2017IRESS and SuiteBox announce Xplan integrationBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Oct 2017Shipton ‘most qualified’ for ASIC role: O’DwyerBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- view all