Quantum Financial principal and ifa Excellence Award winner Claire Mackay has been named as a new member of ASIC’s external advisory panel, alongside former treasurer Peter Costello.
Ms Mackay is the first practising financial adviser appointed to the panel, which includes a number of prominent current and former business leaders, including AustralianSuper chief executive Ian Silk, APRA chair John Laker and ASX chair David Gonski.
ASIC chair Greg Medcraft said Ms Mackay’s appointment reflects the regulator’s desire to better understand the business of financial planning as it ramps up surveillance of the sector in 2015.
“[Claire’s] extensive experience, particularly in the financial advice sector, will be a valuable resource for the panel,” Mr Medcraft said.
“The purpose of the panel is to channel senior executive level advice from the financial services industry to assist ASIC in gaining a deeper understanding of developments and systemic risks within the sectors we regulate,” he added.
Ms Mackay said it was an “honour” to be appointed to the panel.
“I have great respect for the integrity and professionalism ASIC staff and my fellow panel members,” Ms Mackay said.
“I look forward to working to help better protect consumers and raise the level of professionalism in the finance industry.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 23 Oct 2017Fiducian prepares for leadership transitionBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Oct 2017Industry association for insurance tech launchesBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Oct 2017Instos ‘struggling’ with IFA ascendancyBy Aleks Vickovich
- 23 Oct 2017CBA bosses accused of incompetenceBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Oct 2017Parliamentary insurance group formedBy Staff Reporter
- 20 Oct 2017Treasurer introduces BEAR legislationBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all