Quantum Financial principal and ifa Excellence Award winner Claire Mackay has been named as a new member of ASIC’s external advisory panel, alongside former treasurer Peter Costello.
Ms Mackay is the first practising financial adviser appointed to the panel, which includes a number of prominent current and former business leaders, including AustralianSuper chief executive Ian Silk, APRA chair John Laker and ASX chair David Gonski.
ASIC chair Greg Medcraft said Ms Mackay’s appointment reflects the regulator’s desire to better understand the business of financial planning as it ramps up surveillance of the sector in 2015.
“[Claire’s] extensive experience, particularly in the financial advice sector, will be a valuable resource for the panel,” Mr Medcraft said.
“The purpose of the panel is to channel senior executive level advice from the financial services industry to assist ASIC in gaining a deeper understanding of developments and systemic risks within the sectors we regulate,” he added.
Ms Mackay said it was an “honour” to be appointed to the panel.
“I have great respect for the integrity and professionalism ASIC staff and my fellow panel members,” Ms Mackay said.
“I look forward to working to help better protect consumers and raise the level of professionalism in the finance industry.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 23 Oct 2018Platform provider remains ahead of the packBy Eliot Hastie
- 23 Oct 2018Wentworth loss opens Coalition to FASEA changesBy James Mitchell
- 22 Oct 2018ASIC reveals findings of CBA enforceable undertakingBy Adrian Flores
- 22 Oct 2018ARCO fund added to BT Panorama platformBy Adrian Flores
- 22 Oct 2018NAB well-placed to sell MLC wealth businessBy James Mitchell
- 22 Oct 2018CBA announces appointment of CFOBy Reporter
- view all