Quantum Financial principal and ifa Excellence Award winner Claire Mackay has been named as a new member of ASIC’s external advisory panel, alongside former treasurer Peter Costello.
Ms Mackay is the first practising financial adviser appointed to the panel, which includes a number of prominent current and former business leaders, including AustralianSuper chief executive Ian Silk, APRA chair John Laker and ASX chair David Gonski.
ASIC chair Greg Medcraft said Ms Mackay’s appointment reflects the regulator’s desire to better understand the business of financial planning as it ramps up surveillance of the sector in 2015.
“[Claire’s] extensive experience, particularly in the financial advice sector, will be a valuable resource for the panel,” Mr Medcraft said.
“The purpose of the panel is to channel senior executive level advice from the financial services industry to assist ASIC in gaining a deeper understanding of developments and systemic risks within the sectors we regulate,” he added.
Ms Mackay said it was an “honour” to be appointed to the panel.
“I have great respect for the integrity and professionalism ASIC staff and my fellow panel members,” Ms Mackay said.
“I look forward to working to help better protect consumers and raise the level of professionalism in the finance industry.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 15 Feb 2019Court restrains unlicensed firm from operatingBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC used Dover whistleblowing to shut licensee downBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Minimal time spent on client engagement, survey findsBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Advice regtech aims to ease CPD burden under FASEABy Adrian Flores
- 14 Feb 2019AMP adviser network declined 4.6% in 2018By Adrian Flores
- view all