Media giant News Corporation will diversify into financial product manufacturing, through a superannuation tie-up between one of its publications and platform provider OneVue.
Yesterday, a News Corp spokesperson confirmed to ifa that aligned publication Eureka Report is “in discussions to bring to market an innovative investment platform solution for people wanting greater say in the management of their investments”.
OneVue is currently in a trading halt pending an official announcement “in response to media reports about negotiations for distributions of OneVue’s products and services through Eureka Report, a subsidiary of News Corp”.
Speaking to ifa, OneVue chief executive Connie Mckeage said her company is in “final negotiations with News Corp”.
“News [Corp] is a serious global partner that we’ve been working with in the last few months,” Ms Mckeage said.
“The reality is that this is a special relationship that we have [with News Corp] and it won’t be replicated,” she said.
Following the expected announcement of the News Corp distribution deal, OneVue will be rolling out its digital capability to a series of other clients, Ms Mckeage said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Jul 2018CPA shuts financial advice divisionBy Reporter
- 20 Jul 2018Don't neglect AI, advisers warnedBy Tim Stewart
- 19 Jul 2018AMP unveils new in-house training programBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018Self-licensed adviser cops 4-year ASIC banBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018Hub24 to launch new core offeringBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018SMSF sector warns about advice ‘exodus’By Miranda Brownlee
- view all