Lonsec and Zenith have both handed down a ‘recommended’ rating to the Perpetual Equity Investment Company Limited.
The LIC – which opened to investors this week – was determined by Lonsec to be reflective of Perpetual’s “long-standing investment philosophy and process”, while Zenith stated it has a “high level of confidence in Perpetual’s investment process and believes that PIC will generate excess returns for its investors over the medium to long term”.
Reflecting on the ratings, Perpetual Investments portfolio manager Vince Pezzullo said the LIC is particularly appropriate for SMSF investors.
“Diversification is important in SMSF portfolios, as is flexibility and liquidity. Through PIC we have the ability to increase or decrease our allocation to Australian equities, global equities and cash, based on market conditions,” Mr Pezzullo said.
“The allocation to global equities in particular offers investors access to the growth opportunities available through investing overseas.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 23 Jan 2019Adelaide adviser permanently banned from industryBy Eliot Hastie
- 23 Jan 2019Bowen slams ‘woeful’ handling of royal commissionBy James Mitchell
- 23 Jan 2019Gender super gap lower but still at 34%By Adrian Flores
- 22 Jan 2019Advice issues stem from writing of SOAs, says RafteryBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019Federal Court winds up CFS Private WealthBy Eliot Hastie
- 22 Jan 20192.44m Aussies suffer from financial stressBy Sarah Simpkins
- view all