Lonsec and Zenith have both handed down a ‘recommended’ rating to the Perpetual Equity Investment Company Limited.
The LIC – which opened to investors this week – was determined by Lonsec to be reflective of Perpetual’s “long-standing investment philosophy and process”, while Zenith stated it has a “high level of confidence in Perpetual’s investment process and believes that PIC will generate excess returns for its investors over the medium to long term”.
Reflecting on the ratings, Perpetual Investments portfolio manager Vince Pezzullo said the LIC is particularly appropriate for SMSF investors.
“Diversification is important in SMSF portfolios, as is flexibility and liquidity. Through PIC we have the ability to increase or decrease our allocation to Australian equities, global equities and cash, based on market conditions,” Mr Pezzullo said.
“The allocation to global equities in particular offers investors access to the growth opportunities available through investing overseas.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 Sep 2018Accountants continue battle for advice spaceBy Adrian Flores
- 24 Sep 2018Netwealth recruits former BT managerBy Reporter
- 20 Sep 2018Independent advice will prosper but must be paid for: LovedayBy James Mitchell
- 21 Sep 2018Former ASFA policy advisor to boost FPA ranksBy Reporter
- 21 Sep 2018Aligned advisers in search of freedomBy Adrian Flores
- 20 Sep 2018Banned Perth adviser did not engage in dishonest conductBy James Mitchell
- view all