Lonsec and Zenith have both handed down a ‘recommended’ rating to the Perpetual Equity Investment Company Limited.
The LIC – which opened to investors this week – was determined by Lonsec to be reflective of Perpetual’s “long-standing investment philosophy and process”, while Zenith stated it has a “high level of confidence in Perpetual’s investment process and believes that PIC will generate excess returns for its investors over the medium to long term”.
Reflecting on the ratings, Perpetual Investments portfolio manager Vince Pezzullo said the LIC is particularly appropriate for SMSF investors.
“Diversification is important in SMSF portfolios, as is flexibility and liquidity. Through PIC we have the ability to increase or decrease our allocation to Australian equities, global equities and cash, based on market conditions,” Mr Pezzullo said.
“The allocation to global equities in particular offers investors access to the growth opportunities available through investing overseas.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Jul 2018Westpac drops SMSF loansBy Miranda Brownlee
- 17 Jul 2018MLC names Geoff Lloyd as CEOBy Reporter
- 17 Jul 2018Infocus makes two senior appointmentsBy Killian Plastow
- 17 Jul 2018Fitzpatricks appoints new CFOBy Reporter
- 16 Jul 2018Adviser incentives still valuable: ElixirBy Killian Plastow
- 16 Jul 2018Clients to benefit from commission ban: PollBy Killian Plastow
- view all