Lonsec and Zenith have both handed down a ‘recommended’ rating to the Perpetual Equity Investment Company Limited.
The LIC – which opened to investors this week – was determined by Lonsec to be reflective of Perpetual’s “long-standing investment philosophy and process”, while Zenith stated it has a “high level of confidence in Perpetual’s investment process and believes that PIC will generate excess returns for its investors over the medium to long term”.
Reflecting on the ratings, Perpetual Investments portfolio manager Vince Pezzullo said the LIC is particularly appropriate for SMSF investors.
“Diversification is important in SMSF portfolios, as is flexibility and liquidity. Through PIC we have the ability to increase or decrease our allocation to Australian equities, global equities and cash, based on market conditions,” Mr Pezzullo said.
“The allocation to global equities in particular offers investors access to the growth opportunities available through investing overseas.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 09:32ASIC given greater powers under new proposalBy Adrian Flores
- 09:32FPA releases national roadshow detailsBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Mar 2019Linchpin Capital, IIOF fund to be shut downBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Mar 2019FASEA releases final provider accreditation policyBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Mar 2019Adviser given 10-year prison sentence by NSW courtBy Adrian Flores
- 09:30Premium China Funds lowers fees on fundBy Sarah Simpkins
- view all