Lonsec and Zenith have both handed down a ‘recommended’ rating to the Perpetual Equity Investment Company Limited.
The LIC – which opened to investors this week – was determined by Lonsec to be reflective of Perpetual’s “long-standing investment philosophy and process”, while Zenith stated it has a “high level of confidence in Perpetual’s investment process and believes that PIC will generate excess returns for its investors over the medium to long term”.
Reflecting on the ratings, Perpetual Investments portfolio manager Vince Pezzullo said the LIC is particularly appropriate for SMSF investors.
“Diversification is important in SMSF portfolios, as is flexibility and liquidity. Through PIC we have the ability to increase or decrease our allocation to Australian equities, global equities and cash, based on market conditions,” Mr Pezzullo said.
“The allocation to global equities in particular offers investors access to the growth opportunities available through investing overseas.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Nov 2018Government sets $51m to pursue misconductBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018The financial advisers most people don’t read aboutBy James Mitchell
- 16 Nov 2018Clients expect advisers to understand their situationBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018Retirees hit hardest by franking credit changes, says FSCBy Sarah Simpkins
- 16 Nov 2018Trust in advice more important than everBy Stephanie Aikins
- 15 Nov 2018We’ll lose advisers through FASEA but it’s necessaryBy Adrian Flores
- view all