A Melbourne-based technology provider has been named SMA Platform Winner at the inaugural Lonsec Awards.
Praemium has been announced as winner of the accolade, with Lonsec Research chief executive David Erdonmez pointing to the provider's ability to “develop and evolve in a rapidly changing technology market".
“The awards provide an opportunity to highlight and recognise excellence within the industry, and Praemium is a deserving winner,” Mr Erdonmez said.
He described Praemium as “an independent technology platform [with] the widest menu out of those surveyed and their reporting is very good, arguably the best”.
In a statement about the awards, Praemium called the inclusion of SMA platforms in the Lonsec Awards a “milestone”.
“Whilst some early adopters have been using them for a number of years, they are now attracting mainstream interest and usage from across the industry due to the significant benefits for a variety of users,” the statement said.
Brad Wood, director of Astute, a financial planning group that recently adopted Praemium’s SMA platform, said SMAs were “the future” in the financial services sector.
“We assessed the key SMA platforms in the market and selected Praemium based on a number of criteria. They are the dominant SMA player for good reason,” Mr Wood said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 23 Jul 2018AAT reduces adviser’s banning periodBy Reporter
- 23 Jul 2018BT announces Panorama pricing changesBy Reporter
- 23 Jul 2018Investment consulting arrangements under scrutinyBy Tim Stewart
- 20 Jul 2018CPA shuts financial advice divisionBy Reporter
- 20 Jul 2018Don't neglect AI, advisers warnedBy Tim Stewart
- 19 Jul 2018AMP unveils new in-house training programBy Reporter
- view all