BT Financial Group’s life insurance division has brought in a new regional manager to head up adviser relationships across IFA, aligned and bank channels.
The company has announced that Russell Hannah will take on the role of regional manager for NSW/ACT, heading the business development team for that sector.
An “insurance specialist” with 15 years’ experience, Mr Hannah joined BT in August 2014, having spent six years as national insurance manager at MLC.
“I'm delighted to have joined a dynamic and innovative business like BT and look forward to driving the growth of our business in the region,” Mr Russell said.
Head of adviser distribution at BT’s life insurance division, Mitchell Sinclair, welcomed the move.
“Russell’s appointment is critical in helping us achieve our goal of providing more protection for more Australians,” Mr Sinclair said.
BT also announced the appointment of Rachel Leong as product technical manager, life insurance.
Ms Leong had previously been at Suncorp Life for more than 10 years, the statement said.
Katherine Ashby, senior product technical manager, said she was “thrilled” by the addition to her team.
“Rachel has a strong background in technical roles with a life insurance focus, a specialty that is very hard to find,” she said.
“Her addition increases head count in the LifeTech team and means we can provide more support to both our dealer group and financial adviser partner.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Oct 2017ISA ups ante on governance lobbyingBy Aleks Vickovich
- 18 Oct 2017Midwinter and PractiFI announce integrationBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Oct 2017Hub24 announces partnership with EurozBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Oct 2017Former NZ PM joins ANZBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Oct 2017IRESS and SuiteBox announce Xplan integrationBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Oct 2017Shipton ‘most qualified’ for ASIC role: O’DwyerBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- view all