The AFA and life insurer TAL have announced the winner of the 2014 AFA Female Excellence in Advice Award.
Multiforte Financial Services partner Kate McCallum has been named the winner of the award for 2014.
AFA chief executive Brad Fox said the award seeks to “focus attention” on financial advice as an “excellent career pathway” for women as well as to “close the advice gap” that exists between the willingness of women to seek advice compared to that of men.
“Developing financial literacy with female clients and the confidence to make informed decisions that comes from that knowledge is an important [part of the] criteria for the award,” Mr Fox said.
“[Ms McCallum] was an exemplary candidate for the award, and we are proud to have her as the winner for 2014,” he said.
TAL deputy group chief executive Brett Clark said Ms McCallum was an “outstanding candidate” and a “deserving award winner”.
“We are proud to encourage and inspire women in the industry to be the best they can be,” Mr Clark said.
“All of the award candidates are making meaningful contributions to their profession and their passion and dedication is profoundly impacting their communities and their clients,” he said.
"Kate typifies the best qualities of the advice community and her support and leadership for both her clients and her peers demonstrate how much she puts back into the profession,” Mr Clark said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 26 Sep 2018Royal commission branded as run to ‘political agenda’By Adrian Flores
- 25 Sep 2018ASIC finds serious delays in breach reporting from major banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 26 Sep 2018New ETF to give access to Asian tech giantsBy Eliot Hastie
- 26 Sep 2018Insight fund added to Netwealth platformBy Adrian Flores
- 25 Sep 2018Failed advice firm was ‘a proven success story’: DalyBy Adrian Flores and James Mitchell
- 25 Sep 2018New city added to FPA’s Women in Wealth programBy Adrian Flores
- view all