The AFA and life insurer TAL have announced the winner of the 2014 AFA Female Excellence in Advice Award.
Multiforte Financial Services partner Kate McCallum has been named the winner of the award for 2014.
AFA chief executive Brad Fox said the award seeks to “focus attention” on financial advice as an “excellent career pathway” for women as well as to “close the advice gap” that exists between the willingness of women to seek advice compared to that of men.
“Developing financial literacy with female clients and the confidence to make informed decisions that comes from that knowledge is an important [part of the] criteria for the award,” Mr Fox said.
“[Ms McCallum] was an exemplary candidate for the award, and we are proud to have her as the winner for 2014,” he said.
TAL deputy group chief executive Brett Clark said Ms McCallum was an “outstanding candidate” and a “deserving award winner”.
“We are proud to encourage and inspire women in the industry to be the best they can be,” Mr Clark said.
“All of the award candidates are making meaningful contributions to their profession and their passion and dedication is profoundly impacting their communities and their clients,” he said.
"Kate typifies the best qualities of the advice community and her support and leadership for both her clients and her peers demonstrate how much she puts back into the profession,” Mr Clark said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 14 Nov 2018ASIC bans financial services representativeBy Eliot Hastie
- 14 Nov 2018Fintech should make advice ‘enjoyable’By Adrian Flores
- 14 Nov 2018Hayne commission driving adviser tech shiftBy Adrian Flores
- 12 Nov 2018InvestSMART launches maxed feesBy Sarah Simpkins
- 13 Nov 2018Advice demand soaring despite reputation hitBy Adrian Flores
- 12 Nov 2018Former premier, advisers sound alarm on sex discriminationBy James Mitchell
- view all