The Association of Financial Advisers and Zurich Financial Services Australia have announced the recipient of the AFA Adviser of the Year award.
At an awards ceremony at the association’s conference in Cairns this evening, Eleanor Dartnall of Dartnall Advisers – an authorised representative of IOOF-aligned licensee Lonsdale – has been crowned AFA Adviser of the Year for 2014.
"Eleanor has an incredible passion to make a positive difference in the lives of her clients," said AFA CEO Brad Fox.
"With Eleanor as an ambassador for advice as the AFA Adviser of the Year, we believe she will make a very positive impact on the public perception of financial advice."
The AFA has also announced AON Hewitt-aligned firm Complete Financial Balance as the inaugural winner of the AFA Practice of the Year Award.
"As the first recipients of the Award, Complete Financial Balance has set a very high benchmark," Mr Fox said.
Philip Kewin, general manager, life and investments at Zurich – the award’s sponsor – said the award program will help to progress some of the advice industry’s broader goals.
"These advisers are the vanguards of their profession and as such will provide crucial leadership during challenging times and will play a pivotal role in creating a more informed, more financially literate community," he said.
"Zurich is delighted this award program continues to deliver finalists and winners of such high calibre."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017Adviser ethics certification launchedBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017Banks evade FOFA, industry funds claimBy Larissa Waterson
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- view all