The Association of Financial Advisers and Zurich Financial Services Australia have announced the recipient of the AFA Adviser of the Year award.
At an awards ceremony at the association’s conference in Cairns this evening, Eleanor Dartnall of Dartnall Advisers – an authorised representative of IOOF-aligned licensee Lonsdale – has been crowned AFA Adviser of the Year for 2014.
"Eleanor has an incredible passion to make a positive difference in the lives of her clients," said AFA CEO Brad Fox.
"With Eleanor as an ambassador for advice as the AFA Adviser of the Year, we believe she will make a very positive impact on the public perception of financial advice."
The AFA has also announced AON Hewitt-aligned firm Complete Financial Balance as the inaugural winner of the AFA Practice of the Year Award.
"As the first recipients of the Award, Complete Financial Balance has set a very high benchmark," Mr Fox said.
Philip Kewin, general manager, life and investments at Zurich – the award’s sponsor – said the award program will help to progress some of the advice industry’s broader goals.
"These advisers are the vanguards of their profession and as such will provide crucial leadership during challenging times and will play a pivotal role in creating a more informed, more financially literate community," he said.
"Zurich is delighted this award program continues to deliver finalists and winners of such high calibre."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 09:49FASEA names provider for adviser examBy Adrian Flores
- 09:46Former Liberal leader to join Crescent boardBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018ASIC clarifies RG 146 requirements for advisersBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Sargon Capital acquires listed robo adviserBy James Mitchell
- 14 Dec 2018Industry body flags CPD burden under FASEA proposalBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Adviser exodus creating ‘enormous opportunity’ for accountantsBy Jotham Lian
- view all