The AFA and Asteron Life have announced the winner of the 2014 AFA Excellence in Education award.
MSI Taylor Wealth Management’s Peter O’Callaghan has been named the winner of the 2014 AFA Excellence in Education Award.
The award, now in its seventh year, recognises advisers who are continually investing in themselves, their staff, their business and community through professional development and higher education.
AFA general manager, member services and campus AFA, Nick Hakes, said Mr O’Callaghan exemplifies the “essential characteristics and values of a professional financial adviser”.
“We know that increasing both the technical and practical education of advisers is vital to improving consumer confidence in our profession,” Mr Hakes said.
“[Mr O’Callaghan] has demonstrated his ability to apply technical knowledge to real-life practice and has a passion to share his knowledge and expertise with other advisers. Peter is a great ambassador for the value of investing in higher education,” he said.
Asteron Life executive general manager of adviser distribution Jordan Hawke said the value of education in the professional development of advisers has “never been so important”.
“We have and continue to view education as an important measure in the level of professionalism consumers expect and demand of their financial adviser,” Mr Hawke said.
“This award recognises that IQ and EQ are intrinsically linked, and equally important in delivering an overall amazing client experience."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 21 Jun 2018Henderson Maxwell to merge with AZ NGA firmBy Aleks Vickovich
- 21 Jun 2018Aon caught lying about Dover licensing offerBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Jun 2018FASEA names new chief executiveBy Reporter
- 20 Jun 2018Sexual harassment debate sparked in advice industryBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Jun 2018Clear KPIs a key adviser motivator: reportBy Reporter
- 20 Jun 2018Dealer group to appear before royal commission’s fourth roundBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all