The AFA and Asteron Life have announced the winner of the 2014 AFA Excellence in Education award.
MSI Taylor Wealth Management’s Peter O’Callaghan has been named the winner of the 2014 AFA Excellence in Education Award.
The award, now in its seventh year, recognises advisers who are continually investing in themselves, their staff, their business and community through professional development and higher education.
AFA general manager, member services and campus AFA, Nick Hakes, said Mr O’Callaghan exemplifies the “essential characteristics and values of a professional financial adviser”.
“We know that increasing both the technical and practical education of advisers is vital to improving consumer confidence in our profession,” Mr Hakes said.
“[Mr O’Callaghan] has demonstrated his ability to apply technical knowledge to real-life practice and has a passion to share his knowledge and expertise with other advisers. Peter is a great ambassador for the value of investing in higher education,” he said.
Asteron Life executive general manager of adviser distribution Jordan Hawke said the value of education in the professional development of advisers has “never been so important”.
“We have and continue to view education as an important measure in the level of professionalism consumers expect and demand of their financial adviser,” Mr Hawke said.
“This award recognises that IQ and EQ are intrinsically linked, and equally important in delivering an overall amazing client experience."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Jan 2019Advisers to suffer ‘horrendously’ from FASEABy Sarah Simpkins
- 18 Jan 2019Praemium FUA up 14%, reveals platform upgradeBy Adrian Flores
- 17 Jan 2019ASIC takes court action against former adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019NAB FP seeks resolution of false witness investigationBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019High demand for advisers and paraplanners in 2019By Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019Foreign adviser qualification standards finalisedBy Adrian Flores
- view all