The AFA and ANZ Wealth have announced the 10th winner of the Rising Star award.
GPS Wealth-licensed advice practice My Wealth Solutions director Ben Budge was named as the 2014 AFA Rising Star of the Year at the AFA National Adviser Conference in Cairns on Sunday.
The Rising Star award recognises the best new advisers who provide quality financial advice, demonstrate a commitment to education, and make a valuable contribution to their profession and community.
AFA chief executive Brad Fox said Mr Budge is “thoroughly deserving of the award”.
“Ben has proven to have a strong commitment to personal development, to his clients and is constantly working to improve perceptions of financial advice throughout the community,” Mr Fox said.
“It is a pleasure to be able to recognise such an exceptional professional and have him be a part of our AFA community, which will no doubt benefit from insights into Ben’s journey through the early part of his career in financial advice,” he said.
ANZ Global Wealth general manager of advice and open market channels Neil Younger said that after celebrating its 10th year, the award continues to go “from strength the strength”.
“We believe that nurturing new talent is the key to sustaining the industry’s growth,” Mr Younger said, “and we are delighted to congratulate the finalists and 10th Rising Star winner, Ben Budge.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 21 Jun 2018Henderson Maxwell to merge with AZ NGA firmBy Aleks Vickovich
- 21 Jun 2018Aon caught lying about Dover licensing offerBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Jun 2018FASEA names new chief executiveBy Reporter
- 20 Jun 2018Sexual harassment debate sparked in advice industryBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Jun 2018Clear KPIs a key adviser motivator: reportBy Reporter
- 20 Jun 2018Dealer group to appear before royal commission’s fourth roundBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all