Three accounting-focused advice firms have joined the Premium Wealth Management dealer group, including a former authorised rep of CBA-aligned Count Financial.
In the past month, the licensee has brought on three new “signings”, namely ADX Financial Planning – which was formerly part of Count firm Moon Cunningham – former IOOF/Lonsdale authorised representative Sullivans Financial Strategies and boutique firm Hado Investments.
Premium head of practice development Justin Viney said the moves reflect the dealer group’s attractiveness to accounting firms looking to become licensed for financial advice.
“All three practices have joined Premium in the last month and all are accountancy practices keen to grow their financial advice offering within their tax practice,” Mr Viney said.
“These are welcome additions to our group, which now has more than $2 billion in funds under advice.”
Sullivans Financial Strategies director John Sullivan said he looked seriously at a number of licensees before deciding upon the ‘iPremium’ offer aimed specifically at accounting-based firms looking to enhance their advice offerings.
“We value our independence and this is a good fit as we did not wish to be aligned to large ASX-listed corporations, such as banks, insurance companies and the like,” Mr Sullivan added.
Australian Unity made a bid for acquisition of Premium Wealth Management in July.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 10:29CBA touts ‘independent’ CFS GroupBy Reporter
- 22 Jun 2018AMP chair urges RC to not to restrict business modelsBy Reporter
- 22 Jun 2018David Murray takes reins as AMP chairmanBy Reporter
- 22 Jun 2018Fitzpatricks announces new licensee bossBy Aleks Vickovich
- 21 Jun 2018AFSL regime stifling client-centric advice: FPABy Killian Plastow
- 21 Jun 2018Henderson Maxwell to merge with AZ NGA firmBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all