The AFA and Zurich have announced the 2014 semi-finalists for the Adviser of the Year and Practice of the Year award categories.
This is the first year the association has introduced a separate category for advice practices, with AFA CEO Brad Fox saying the decision reflects the changing nature of the industry, with “greater separation between entrepreneurial business owners and highly specialised client-facing advisers”.
“The standard of candidates for this year’s awards has once again been exceptional, and underscores the incredible job advisers are doing in changing lives for the better,” said Mr Fox.
Philip Kewin, general manager, retail life and investments, at award sponsor Zurich Financial Services Australia also spoke of the impressive quality of award submissions.
“Aside from a strong commitment to client care and self-development, what stands out for me about this year’s candidates is the amazing innovation taking place in how advice is delivered,” said Mr Kewin.
“Ultimately, these candidates are leading the way in lifting the reputation of the advice profession and making quality advice accessible to more Australians.”
The semi-finalists for the AFA Adviser of the Year Award are:
- Bill Bracey, Sydney Financial Planning
- Catherine Robson, Affinity Private
- David Clark, Clark Pacific Financial Services Pty Ltd
- Eleanor Dartnall, Dartnall Advisers Pty Ltd
- Finn Kelly, Wealth Enhancers & WE Private
- PJ Byrne, Mr Insurance
The semi-finalists for the AFA Practice of the Year Award are:
- Complete Financial Balance
- Complete Risk Analysis
- Lighthouse Capital Pty Ltd
- Rising Tide Financial Services
- Robina Financial Solutions Pty Ltd
- Tribeca Financial
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Nov 2018FASEA standards still raise questions: AFABy Eliot Hastie
- 20 Nov 2018Industry group slams ‘cosmetic’ changes by FASEABy James Mitchell
- 20 Nov 2018‘Culture’ at the heart of CBA advice failingsBy Adrian Flores
- 20 Nov 2018Netwealth reveals new licensee partnershipBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Nov 2018ClearView launches dealer services offerBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Nov 2018Lonsec introduces super research to advisersBy Sarah Simpkins
- view all