The AFA and Zurich have announced the 2014 semi-finalists for the Adviser of the Year and Practice of the Year award categories.
This is the first year the association has introduced a separate category for advice practices, with AFA CEO Brad Fox saying the decision reflects the changing nature of the industry, with “greater separation between entrepreneurial business owners and highly specialised client-facing advisers”.
“The standard of candidates for this year’s awards has once again been exceptional, and underscores the incredible job advisers are doing in changing lives for the better,” said Mr Fox.
Philip Kewin, general manager, retail life and investments, at award sponsor Zurich Financial Services Australia also spoke of the impressive quality of award submissions.
“Aside from a strong commitment to client care and self-development, what stands out for me about this year’s candidates is the amazing innovation taking place in how advice is delivered,” said Mr Kewin.
“Ultimately, these candidates are leading the way in lifting the reputation of the advice profession and making quality advice accessible to more Australians.”
The semi-finalists for the AFA Adviser of the Year Award are:
- Bill Bracey, Sydney Financial Planning
- Catherine Robson, Affinity Private
- David Clark, Clark Pacific Financial Services Pty Ltd
- Eleanor Dartnall, Dartnall Advisers Pty Ltd
- Finn Kelly, Wealth Enhancers & WE Private
- PJ Byrne, Mr Insurance
The semi-finalists for the AFA Practice of the Year Award are:
- Complete Financial Balance
- Complete Risk Analysis
- Lighthouse Capital Pty Ltd
- Rising Tide Financial Services
- Robina Financial Solutions Pty Ltd
- Tribeca Financial
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 23 Mar 2018FSC appoints CBA executive GM to boardBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Mar 2018TAL Direct refunds $900,000By Staff Reporter
- 23 Mar 2018Open banking to improve advice accessibility: XinjaBy Staff Reporter
- 23 Mar 2018Former Macquarie exec named CPA CEOBy Aleks Vickovich
- 23 Mar 2018Fintech Business Awards 2018 winners announcedBy Aleks Vickovich
- 23 Mar 2018CommInsure launches digital claims serviceBy Staff Reporter
- view all