Life insurer TAL has announced a replacement for current chair Rob Thomas AM, who has announced he will step down today from the role he has held since 2007.
In a statement issued yesterday, TAL announced that current board director Duncan Boyle will take on the role of chair when Mr Thomas completes his term at the end of August.
Mr Boyle has served on the board since May 2014 and is a former chief executive of Royal and Sun Alliance Insurance in the UK – a role that topped off a 30-year international career as an insurance executive.
“I am delighted to take on the role of chair and look forward to helping TAL continue to build on its very strong foundations,” Mr Boyle said. “The board and management would like to express our deep gratitude to Mr Thomas.”
Mr Thomas has been chair of the company since it was known as Tower Australia, and said it has been an honour to serve in the role.
“I am very proud of the growth and results achieved at TAL over the past seven years, along with the strong customer culture that has developed,” Mr Thomas said.
“In that time, TAL has become the largest life insurer in Australia and it has been recognised with many awards for its products, services and performance.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 26 Apr 2018Dover’s ‘Orwellian’ liability plan slammedBy Killian Plastow
- 26 Apr 2018FPA, AFA business models grilledBy Aleks Vickovich
- 26 Apr 2018IOOF quells ANZ acquisition concernsBy Tim Stewart
- 26 Apr 2018Henderson faces royal commission fireBy Killian Plastow
- 26 Apr 2018FSC members may have breached ethics codeBy Aleks Vickovich
- 24 Apr 2018NAB loses appetite to authorise advisersBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all