Life insurer TAL has announced a replacement for current chair Rob Thomas AM, who has announced he will step down today from the role he has held since 2007.
In a statement issued yesterday, TAL announced that current board director Duncan Boyle will take on the role of chair when Mr Thomas completes his term at the end of August.
Mr Boyle has served on the board since May 2014 and is a former chief executive of Royal and Sun Alliance Insurance in the UK – a role that topped off a 30-year international career as an insurance executive.
“I am delighted to take on the role of chair and look forward to helping TAL continue to build on its very strong foundations,” Mr Boyle said. “The board and management would like to express our deep gratitude to Mr Thomas.”
Mr Thomas has been chair of the company since it was known as Tower Australia, and said it has been an honour to serve in the role.
“I am very proud of the growth and results achieved at TAL over the past seven years, along with the strong customer culture that has developed,” Mr Thomas said.
“In that time, TAL has become the largest life insurer in Australia and it has been recognised with many awards for its products, services and performance.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017Adviser ethics certification launchedBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017Banks evade FOFA, industry funds claimBy Larissa Waterson
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- view all