Beacon Financial Group shareholder and former Professional Investment Services (PIS) boss Robbie Bennetts has revealed that three of his former staff have been poached from Centrepoint Alliance.
Speaking to ifa, Mr Bennetts said former PIS employees Lesley Wood, Debbie Wilson and Matt Bristow have now joined the Beacon dealer group staff, which was formed by the merger of the Titanium and Financial Link groups in late 2012 and is headed up by AIOFP chair Peter Daly.
Ms Wood, who was formerly general manager of PIS subsidiary the Australian Loan Company, has taken on the role of head of finance at Beacon, while Ms Wilson, who was a senior BDM in the ALC business, will also be working to grow the dealer group’s recently-announced mortgage broking arm.
Mr Bristow will work in Beacon’s information technology department, which is also a growing aspect of the business, with related entity Robbie Bennetts Enterprises managing an ICT solutions business for financial planners and accountants.
“Debbie and Lesley will be working with Beacon on attracting brokers and advisers to the business and really building Beacon’s lending activities,” Mr Bennetts said.
“I’m now an external consultant to Beacon and am only as involved as they want me to be but also still maintain a stake in the firm through its parent company and will be involved in providing business leads,” he added.
Meanwhile, Centrepoint has appointed Kevin Frost as general manager of the ALC business.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 Sep 2018Accountants continue battle for advice spaceBy Adrian Flores
- 24 Sep 2018Netwealth recruits former BT managerBy Reporter
- 20 Sep 2018Independent advice will prosper but must be paid for: LovedayBy James Mitchell
- 21 Sep 2018Former ASFA policy advisor to boost FPA ranksBy Reporter
- 21 Sep 2018Aligned advisers in search of freedomBy Adrian Flores
- 20 Sep 2018Banned Perth adviser did not engage in dishonest conductBy James Mitchell
- view all