Beacon Financial Group shareholder and former Professional Investment Services (PIS) boss Robbie Bennetts has revealed that three of his former staff have been poached from Centrepoint Alliance.
Speaking to ifa, Mr Bennetts said former PIS employees Lesley Wood, Debbie Wilson and Matt Bristow have now joined the Beacon dealer group staff, which was formed by the merger of the Titanium and Financial Link groups in late 2012 and is headed up by AIOFP chair Peter Daly.
Ms Wood, who was formerly general manager of PIS subsidiary the Australian Loan Company, has taken on the role of head of finance at Beacon, while Ms Wilson, who was a senior BDM in the ALC business, will also be working to grow the dealer group’s recently-announced mortgage broking arm.
Mr Bristow will work in Beacon’s information technology department, which is also a growing aspect of the business, with related entity Robbie Bennetts Enterprises managing an ICT solutions business for financial planners and accountants.
“Debbie and Lesley will be working with Beacon on attracting brokers and advisers to the business and really building Beacon’s lending activities,” Mr Bennetts said.
“I’m now an external consultant to Beacon and am only as involved as they want me to be but also still maintain a stake in the firm through its parent company and will be involved in providing business leads,” he added.
Meanwhile, Centrepoint has appointed Kevin Frost as general manager of the ALC business.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Sep 2017ASIC permanently bans unlicensed SMSF spruikerBy Staff Reporter
- 22 Sep 2017Advisers recognised at Women in Finance AwardsBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Sep 2017Advisers not fully aware of LIF impacts: ZurichBy Staff Reporter
- 21 Sep 2017Red tape forces SMEs to cut staffBy Adam Zuchetti and Aleks Vickovich
- 21 Sep 2017Bitcoin 'dangerous and speculative', says MagellanBy Tim Stewart
- 20 Sep 2017ANZ calls for adviser transparencyBy Killian Plastow
- view all