Beacon Financial Group shareholder and former Professional Investment Services (PIS) boss Robbie Bennetts has revealed that three of his former staff have been poached from Centrepoint Alliance.
Speaking to ifa, Mr Bennetts said former PIS employees Lesley Wood, Debbie Wilson and Matt Bristow have now joined the Beacon dealer group staff, which was formed by the merger of the Titanium and Financial Link groups in late 2012 and is headed up by AIOFP chair Peter Daly.
Ms Wood, who was formerly general manager of PIS subsidiary the Australian Loan Company, has taken on the role of head of finance at Beacon, while Ms Wilson, who was a senior BDM in the ALC business, will also be working to grow the dealer group’s recently-announced mortgage broking arm.
Mr Bristow will work in Beacon’s information technology department, which is also a growing aspect of the business, with related entity Robbie Bennetts Enterprises managing an ICT solutions business for financial planners and accountants.
“Debbie and Lesley will be working with Beacon on attracting brokers and advisers to the business and really building Beacon’s lending activities,” Mr Bennetts said.
“I’m now an external consultant to Beacon and am only as involved as they want me to be but also still maintain a stake in the firm through its parent company and will be involved in providing business leads,” he added.
Meanwhile, Centrepoint has appointed Kevin Frost as general manager of the ALC business.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Nov 2018Government sets $51m to pursue misconductBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018The financial advisers most people don’t read aboutBy James Mitchell
- 16 Nov 2018Clients expect advisers to understand their situationBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018Retirees hit hardest by franking credit changes, says FSCBy Sarah Simpkins
- 16 Nov 2018Trust in advice more important than everBy Stephanie Aikins
- 15 Nov 2018We’ll lose advisers through FASEA but it’s necessaryBy Adrian Flores
- view all