Non-aligned dealer group Dover Financial Advisers has launched a free RG 146 Diploma of Financial Planning available to its own advisers and those under other AFSLs.
Dover Financial Advisers director Terry McMaster said the diploma - offered through subsidiary Dover Training - will create pathways for future financial planners which meet ASIC’s training requirements.
“Aspirant advisers can now study online at their own pace to qualify as a financial planner at no cost, meaning there is no financial inhibition or risk to launching a new career as a financial planner,” Mr McMaster said.
“Experienced advisers can maintain and update their qualifications and knowledge at no cost, and prove they have done so – a key ASIC licensing requirement,” he said.
“Financial planners can arrange for their staff to qualify, improving morale, service and knowledge ... and helping them create a more profitable and valuable practice,” Mr McMaster added.
He explained that the diploma is textbook-based, drawing on the expertise and experience of Australia’s academic writers and industry experts.
“The study materials are unique in that they encourage individualised financial strategies and are not based on financial products, although obviously financial products are covered,” Mr McMaster said.
“Dover requires its own advisers to complete the diploma’s assessment processes every two years,” he said. “Dover believes this formal process of refreshing and maintaining knowledge is essential to being a competent and compliant financial planner.”
Mr McMaster added that enrolments are not limited to Dover advisers, and advisers from other AFSL groups are invited to use the training service.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Sep 2018Banned Perth adviser did not engage in dishonest conductBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018‘No advisers have been mistreated’: DalyBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018Beacon advisers held ‘ransom’ while IIOF money remains missingBy James Mitchell
- 19 Sep 2018Linchpin funded advice business in liquidationBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018Government beefs up ASIC capabilitiesBy Adrian Flores
- 20 Sep 2018Labor super gender gap proposals meet FSC approvalBy Adrian Flores
- view all