Australia’s leading non-aligned financial advice businesses and practitioners have been recognised at the ifa Excellence Awards event in Sydney.
An industry first, the ifa Excellence Awards celebrate best practice advice provision and business acumen in the independently-owned sector of the financial planning market.
Claire Mackay of Sydney boutique Quantum Financial has been awarded the coveted ifa Excellence Award, chosen from all of the winners of the individual adviser awards. Ms Mackay was also crowned Investment Adviser of The Year.
“Claire exemplifies the ethics and high quality advice services of the independent financial advice sector,” said ifa publisher Russell Stephenson.
Over 350 of the nation’s top advisers and industry executives gathered at the Australian Technology Park for the inaugural awards, created to recognise professional excellence and highlight the sector’s top individuals and businesses.
Mr Stephenson said the awards are a strong endorsement of the important work being conducted by independent and non-aligned advice professionals across the country, helping people to achieve their financial goals.
“This event is a milestone for this growing sector of the market and we congratulate all finalists and winners,” he said.
Other winners announced today are:
• Industry Thought Leader: Sarah Riegelhuth, Wealth Enhancers
• Practice Principal of the Year: Ravi Agarwal, MEDIQ Financial Services
• Boutique Firm of the Year: Hewison Private Wealth
• Dealer Group of the Year: Financial Index Wealth Accountants
• ifa Editor’s Choice Award: Don Trapnell, Synchron
• Best New Licensee: GPS Wealth
• Best Client Servicing (company): Jensen Financial Planning
• Best Client Servicing (individual): David Marasea, Shadforth Financial Group
• Innovator of the Year (company): Omniwealth Services
• Innovator of the Year (individual): Charles Badenach, Main Street Financial Solutions
• SMSF Adviser of the Year: Tim Mackay, Quantum Financial
• Multi-service Practitioner of the Year: James Walker-Powell, More4Life Financial Services
• Rookie Adviser of the Year: Stephen Godfrey, VISIS Private Wealth
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Nov 2018We’ll lose advisers through FASEA but it’s necessaryBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Nov 2018ASIC flexes its muscles at independent advisersBy James Mitchell
- 15 Nov 2018FPA hands down $50,000 fine on Sam HendersonBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Nov 2018Adviser reviews critical to client retentionBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Nov 2018ASIC bans financial services representativeBy Eliot Hastie
- 14 Nov 2018Fintech should make advice ‘enjoyable’By Adrian Flores
- view all