Sydney accounting firm Eagle Financial has joined Libertas Financial Planning’s AFSL, allowing it to continue providing SMSF advice under ASIC’s regulations
Libertas – which is headed by My Dealer Services boss Mark Euvrard - has opened its doors to allow accounting firms to join its dealer group, but which will require an AFSL from July 2016 if they want to provide clients SMSF advice.
“History tells us there will be a rush at the eleventh hour as July 1, 2016 approaches, so we have positioned Libertas now,” Mr Euvrard said.
“[We] are promoting a special offer for those accounting practices that wish to provide SMSF advice and position their businesses well in advance of the forthcoming deadline,” he said.
Eagle Financial partner David Olofinsky said joining on Libertas’ AFSL will make sure the firm can continue to deliver SMSF advice to its clients whilst meeting all of ASIC’s requirements.
“The special offer to join Libertas at this time was a ‘no brainer’ as we can now go forward knowing Eagle Financial is trained and compliant – avoiding the last minute panic to fulfil ASIC requirements,” Mr Olofinsky said.
Mr Euvrard said it is becoming clear that the path for businesses getting their own AFSL is time consuming and far from being a straightforward process.
“Despite the generous concessions provided by ASIC, it is obvious that most accountants are not aware of their obligations – especially with respect to the training required prior to receiving their Authorised Representative certificate,” Mr Euvrard said.
Libertas said that through its offer it will allow accountants to obtain their own AFSL via its partner company, My Dealer Services, and they can join Libertas as a full financial planner or join as a provider of SMSF advice only.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 25 Sep 2018Failed advice firm was ‘a proven success story’: DalyBy Adrian Flores and James Mitchell
- 25 Sep 2018New city added to FPA’s Women in Wealth programBy Adrian Flores
- 25 Sep 2018Fund managers charging fees for underperformanceBy Eliot Hastie
- 25 Sep 2018Government minister to address AFA conferenceBy Adrian Flores
- 24 Sep 2018Accountants continue battle for advice spaceBy Adrian Flores
- 24 Sep 2018Netwealth recruits former BT managerBy Reporter
- view all