Managed Accounts Holdings has bolstered its sales and relationship management team in response to growing demand for its service.
Former financial planner Doug Kirkman has joined managedaccounts.com.au after eight years as principal of Melbourne-based advisory firm, Cameron Walshe Financial Planning.
His new role will be focused on driving the company’s expansion in Victoria as well as building relationships in South Australia, Western Australia and Tasmania.
“Interest in MDAs has never been stronger and as a former adviser, I believe I bring a unique perspective and understanding about the challenges facing advice businesses and the types of solutions principals need,” Mr Kirkman said.
“Managed accounts are a way advisers can deliver better service and value to clients, and gain back-office efficiencies.”
Managedaccounts.com.au chief executive David Heather said Mr Kirkman, who previously held a role at Suncorp-owned Asteron Life as head of sales and distribution, was the “ideal candidate” for the role.
Mr Kirkman’s appointment was incorporated into prospectus forecasts to coincide with record flows for the June 2014 quarter, he said.
There are now 23 licensees using managedaccounts.com.au.
Two additional licensees have signed a memorandum of understanding to implement a private label managed account service with managedaccounts.com.au in the next few months.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 25 Sep 2018ASIC finds serious delays in breach reporting from major banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 25 Sep 2018Failed advice firm was ‘a proven success story’: DalyBy Adrian Flores and James Mitchell
- 25 Sep 2018New city added to FPA’s Women in Wealth programBy Adrian Flores
- 25 Sep 2018Fund managers charging fees for underperformanceBy Eliot Hastie
- 25 Sep 2018Government minister to address AFA conferenceBy Adrian Flores
- 24 Sep 2018Accountants continue battle for advice spaceBy Adrian Flores
- view all