Managed Accounts Holdings has bolstered its sales and relationship management team in response to growing demand for its service.
Former financial planner Doug Kirkman has joined managedaccounts.com.au after eight years as principal of Melbourne-based advisory firm, Cameron Walshe Financial Planning.
His new role will be focused on driving the company’s expansion in Victoria as well as building relationships in South Australia, Western Australia and Tasmania.
“Interest in MDAs has never been stronger and as a former adviser, I believe I bring a unique perspective and understanding about the challenges facing advice businesses and the types of solutions principals need,” Mr Kirkman said.
“Managed accounts are a way advisers can deliver better service and value to clients, and gain back-office efficiencies.”
Managedaccounts.com.au chief executive David Heather said Mr Kirkman, who previously held a role at Suncorp-owned Asteron Life as head of sales and distribution, was the “ideal candidate” for the role.
Mr Kirkman’s appointment was incorporated into prospectus forecasts to coincide with record flows for the June 2014 quarter, he said.
There are now 23 licensees using managedaccounts.com.au.
Two additional licensees have signed a memorandum of understanding to implement a private label managed account service with managedaccounts.com.au in the next few months.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Jan 2019ASIC takes court action against former adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019NAB FP seeks resolution of false witness investigationBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019High demand for advisers and paraplanners in 2019By Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019Foreign adviser qualification standards finalisedBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019ASIC imposes conditions on Sydney licenseeBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019FASEA locks in educational pathways policyBy Adrian Flores
- view all