Managed Accounts Holdings has bolstered its sales and relationship management team in response to growing demand for its service.
Former financial planner Doug Kirkman has joined managedaccounts.com.au after eight years as principal of Melbourne-based advisory firm, Cameron Walshe Financial Planning.
His new role will be focused on driving the company’s expansion in Victoria as well as building relationships in South Australia, Western Australia and Tasmania.
“Interest in MDAs has never been stronger and as a former adviser, I believe I bring a unique perspective and understanding about the challenges facing advice businesses and the types of solutions principals need,” Mr Kirkman said.
“Managed accounts are a way advisers can deliver better service and value to clients, and gain back-office efficiencies.”
Managedaccounts.com.au chief executive David Heather said Mr Kirkman, who previously held a role at Suncorp-owned Asteron Life as head of sales and distribution, was the “ideal candidate” for the role.
Mr Kirkman’s appointment was incorporated into prospectus forecasts to coincide with record flows for the June 2014 quarter, he said.
There are now 23 licensees using managedaccounts.com.au.
Two additional licensees have signed a memorandum of understanding to implement a private label managed account service with managedaccounts.com.au in the next few months.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Mar 2018CBA CEO pushed for FOFA extensionBy James Mitchell and Aleks Vickovich
- 16 Mar 2018CPA dealer group clashes with FASEA requirementsBy Katarina Taurian
- 16 Mar 2018NAB launches virtual assistant for superBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018IFA-focused platforms open to new strategiesBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018Deakin eyes advisers to fill staff demandBy Killian Plastow
- 15 Mar 2018Adviser Innovation Summit 2018 agenda announcedBy Staff Reporter
- view all