Managed Accounts Holdings has bolstered its sales and relationship management team in response to growing demand for its service.
Former financial planner Doug Kirkman has joined managedaccounts.com.au after eight years as principal of Melbourne-based advisory firm, Cameron Walshe Financial Planning.
His new role will be focused on driving the company’s expansion in Victoria as well as building relationships in South Australia, Western Australia and Tasmania.
“Interest in MDAs has never been stronger and as a former adviser, I believe I bring a unique perspective and understanding about the challenges facing advice businesses and the types of solutions principals need,” Mr Kirkman said.
“Managed accounts are a way advisers can deliver better service and value to clients, and gain back-office efficiencies.”
Managedaccounts.com.au chief executive David Heather said Mr Kirkman, who previously held a role at Suncorp-owned Asteron Life as head of sales and distribution, was the “ideal candidate” for the role.
Mr Kirkman’s appointment was incorporated into prospectus forecasts to coincide with record flows for the June 2014 quarter, he said.
There are now 23 licensees using managedaccounts.com.au.
Two additional licensees have signed a memorandum of understanding to implement a private label managed account service with managedaccounts.com.au in the next few months.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017Adviser ethics certification launchedBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017Banks evade FOFA, industry funds claimBy Larissa Waterson
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- view all