Managed Accounts Holdings has bolstered its sales and relationship management team in response to growing demand for its service.
Former financial planner Doug Kirkman has joined managedaccounts.com.au after eight years as principal of Melbourne-based advisory firm, Cameron Walshe Financial Planning.
His new role will be focused on driving the company’s expansion in Victoria as well as building relationships in South Australia, Western Australia and Tasmania.
“Interest in MDAs has never been stronger and as a former adviser, I believe I bring a unique perspective and understanding about the challenges facing advice businesses and the types of solutions principals need,” Mr Kirkman said.
“Managed accounts are a way advisers can deliver better service and value to clients, and gain back-office efficiencies.”
Managedaccounts.com.au chief executive David Heather said Mr Kirkman, who previously held a role at Suncorp-owned Asteron Life as head of sales and distribution, was the “ideal candidate” for the role.
Mr Kirkman’s appointment was incorporated into prospectus forecasts to coincide with record flows for the June 2014 quarter, he said.
There are now 23 licensees using managedaccounts.com.au.
Two additional licensees have signed a memorandum of understanding to implement a private label managed account service with managedaccounts.com.au in the next few months.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Jul 2018Advisers must take early action on techBy Killian Plastow
- 18 Jul 2018Two million Australians seeking advice: Roy MorganBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Jul 2018Client numbers continue to fall: researchBy Tim Stewart
- 18 Jul 2018Banks continue to exit SMSF lendingBy Miranda Brownlee
- 17 Jul 2018Westpac drops SMSF loansBy Miranda Brownlee
- 17 Jul 2018MLC names Geoff Lloyd as CEOBy Reporter
- view all